Huchuy Qosqo Trek to Machu Picchu 2 Days
This trek is ideal for those passengers who really want to be far in the middle of nowhere with only nature surrounding them. Huchuy Qosqo (small Cusco) is situated above the Valley of Urubamba and offers spectacular views over the mountain range Cordillera de Vilcanota.
Huchuy Qosqo Trek to Machu Picchu 2 days Itinerary:
Altitude: 2050 - 4050 m. / 6725 - 13287 f.
Duration: 2 days / 1 night
Distance: 14 km
Level of difficulty: Normal (Easy)
1st Day: Cusco - Tauca - Huchuy Qosqo Pass – Huchuy Qosqo - Lamay – Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes (Trekking and train)
You will start driving from your hotel to the small Village of Tauca,(3750m) the beginning of your trek will be on level terrain, and the landscape will be that of typical Andean valleys rich in corn, potatoes, barley, quinoa and other Andean tubers. As you ascend towards your pass at 4050m, the landscape begins to change dramatically to that classic of high Andean savannah or Puna, with scant vegetation, mainly “ichu” or high altitude grass. The views of the Cordillera Vilcabamba peaks are spectacular: Veronica, Pitusiray, Chicon and San Juan snow peaks. Soon after the pass you will start your descent toward the Huchuy Qosqo plains hiking along a path that leads to the Ccauca ravine, where you will be able to see archaeological remains and wild crops, such as tarwi, and a large quantity of cacti. You will walk downhill towards the Leon Punku ravine, where you will find remains of an Inca bridge and trail. This canyon boasts geological formations surrounded by majestic rocks and boulders that direct the river to Huchuy Qosqo at 3650 m. Huchuy Qosqo (“Little Cuzco”) is a Noteworthy Inca complex. It boasts very fine stonework in a large Kallanka (rectangular Hall), some residential and defensive quarters and interesting two-story buildings in stone and adobe. Huchuy Qosqo is located on a plateau, surrounded by Inca agricultural terracing and commanding superb views of the Vilcabamba range. Afterwards we’ll go down hill to Lamay at 2900m where we’ll catch our transport driving to Ollantaytambo. Ollantaytambo is the place where we’ll continue by train to Aguas Calientes town. Overnight in hotel.
Box lunch and dinner are included.
2nd Day: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Cusco
Early in the morning we’ll go up in the first bus to visit Machu Picchu 2450m at your own pace with your guide. After your free time descent to the village of Aguas Calientes at 2050m, we’ll catch the train coming back to Ollantaytambo, where your vehicle will be expecting you to take you to your hotel in Cusco 3350m.
Breakfast is included.
Huchuy Qosqo Trek to Machu Picchu 2 days (Private)
- Private transportation, to and from your hotel transport
- All meals marked as B,L,D
- Professional bilingual guide (Spanish and English)
- Entrance fee to Huchuy Qosqo
- Entrance fee to Machu Picchu
- Buses goes up and down from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu
- Hostel in Aguas Calientes (Machupicchu, Continental or similar)
- First-aid including emergency oxygen bottle
- Any meals not specified after each itinerary day.
- Optional tips to staff.
- Expenses such as medical immunizations (if any) and travel insurance.
(1) Visit to Huayna Picchu: For Huayna Picchu mountain requires to be booked long time in advance however we charge additional $ 15.00 and then we’ll guarantee your entrance for Huayna Picchu as well (This new State law began since the 18th of July, 2011).
(2) Tips for porters, cooks and guides are always welcome. The porters are also very grateful for a small donation, for example clothes or school equipment for their children.
What do I need to bring?
- Small backpack with rain shelter (30 or 40 litters is well enough).
- Clothing for warm and cold climate like a waterproof jacket.
- Trekking shoes.
- Slippers or sandals (for showers and hot springs).
- Woolen or synthetic socksand a sweater.
- Long- and short-sleeved polo’s/T-Shirts.
- Rainponcho and a hat.
- Bathing suit (for the hot springs in Aguas Calientes).
- Sunscreen, insect repellent, disinfecting alcohol and gel and toilet paper.
- Camera (wrapped in plastic bag), a flash light and batteries.
- Some snacks like chocolate bars and dry fruit.
- Original passport, original ISIC student card (In case you are student) and extra money in soles.
Conditions & Terms:
- Please note that the program deposit is non-refundable. The deposit is used to purchase the ticket entrance to Machupicchu and also for booking the train ticket and hostels. And once a space is purchased it cannot be resold.
- XTreme Tourbulencia will not give any refunds if a participant decides to cancel the trip prior to departure or during the trip (except from the entrances to the archaeological sites and the bus/train tickets)
- If XTreme Tourbulencia doesn’t confirm the reservation, your payment will be refunded totally.
- All participants have to carry their own back packs, including sleeping bag and mattresses unless they booked an extra porter or the service includes porters, horsemen or mules.
- A participant must declare if he/she has any sickness or medical disorder and must bring his/her own medicines.
- All participants must bring their original passport and, if available, their original student card ´ISIC´.
- It is compulsory that all clients have personal travel insurance. This insurance must cover personal accident, medical expenses, loss of effects and all other expenses which might arise as a result of loss, damage or injury occurring to the client. XTreme Tourbulencia cannot be accounted for any accident or loss of personal belongings the customer caused by his/her own.
- In case force majeure occurs, like impossibility to operate the program or trek due to unusual or unforeseen circumstances outside XTreme Tourbulencia's control like: extreme weather conditions, landslides, strikes not allowing operation or putting it at risk, sudden inaccessibility of route, etc. XTreme Tourbulencia will propose viable solutions to operate the program within the available dates, or if impossible, will then propose an alternative program. If the alternative program chosen by the client is of lower value than that originally booked then the client is entitled to a refund of the price difference. All costs derived will be at the expense of the client. In case none of these would be feasible, XTreme Tourbulencia would refund all the money paid except all the incurred expenses so far.
If you are interested in this tour or do you have any questions about it. Please Contact us ..... CLICK HERE.