1st Day: Cusco – Mallma – Singrena cocha
Our journey starts early in the morning by heading towards Mallma (3900/12795f), a town situated southeast of Cusco, where we will meet the rest of the team. During our bus ride, we will pass several little Andean farms and will enjoy the nice view. In Mallma we will start hiking for approximately two hours towards our camping site at the shore of the Singrena cocha lagoon (4200m/13780f).
- Transport time: 5 hours
- Walking time: 2 hours
2nd Day: Singrena cocha – Tarapata Pass – Añasñiyucpampa
The sunrise over the Cordillera Vilcanota is spectacular and offers a beautiful view of the glaciers and the lagoons around us. Although we are high up in the Andes, the region offers a great variety of flowers and plants, such as the Andean Cactus. Furthermore, this area is the home of the camelid, the chinchillin, the condor and the puma. After having passed the Tarapata Pass (4600m/15092f) we will descend to the Añasñiyucpampa Valley (4200m/13780f), our camping place.
- Hiking time: 7 hours
3rd Day: Añasñiyucpampa – Pupusayoc Pass – Pacchanta
The day starts with a walk towards the Pupusayoc Pass (4900m/16076f), from where we will have an impressive view of several mountains, such as the Callangati and the Ausangate. Thereafter, we will descend to our camping site in the community of Pacchanta (4300m/14108f). In the afternoon, we will relax in the hot springs and at night, we will have a typical dinner of the region called Pachamanca.
- Hiking time: 6 hours
4th Day: Pacchanta – Tinqui – Cusco
After breakfast, we will head for the manor of Tinqui (3850m/12631f). From here, we will take the bus back to Cusco.
- Hiking time: 3 hours
- Transport time: 5 hours
- Private transport from the hotel to Mallma
- Return Private Transport from Tinqui to your hotel in Cusco
- Entrance to the Ausangate park
- Professional bilingual guide (Spanish and English)
- High quality camping equipment (professional tents, Doite model Cima 4, extra light/4,5kgs for two persons. Mattresses, eating tent with table and chairs, bathroom tent).
- Meals during the excursion (Breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks/option vegetarian)
- Cook and cooking equipment
- Equestrian and mules, for all our personal and camping equipment
- Emergency horse
- First-aid kit and oxygen bottle
- Cold boiled water during the all trek.
- Sleeping bag (if you do not have a sleeping bag, there is the possibility of lending one)
Most of the people living in the region of Ausangate are very poor and live from breeding and cultivation. A small group of farmers and our agency want to help those people. A small voluntary donation can help them to buy for example clothes or school equipment. The families will be very grateful.
- During our journey, we will climb up to 4900m/16076f. Combined with extreme weather this trek can be hard work. We want you to remember this trek with a smile on you face, therefore, please ensure that you are well acclimatized, in good shape and healthy.
- Since the weather can be very cold and moisty, your clothes – once gotten wet – it will not dry at night. So take some clothes to change.
What do I need to bring?
- Backpack with rain shelter.
- Sleeping back.
- Clothing for warm and cold climate like a waterproof jacket.
- Rain pants and lightweight pants.
- Trekking shoes.
- Slippers or sandals (for showers and hot springs).
- Woolen or synthetic socks and a sweater.
- Long- and short-sleeved polo’s/T-Shirts.
- Rainponcho and a hat.
- Bathing suit (for the hot springs in Aguas Calientes).
- Sunscreen, insect repellent, disinfecting alcohol and gel, water bottle and sterilizing tablets, toiletries and toilet paper.
- Camera (wrapped in plastic bag), a flash light and batteries.
- Some snacks like chocolate bars and dry fruit.
- Original passport, original ISIC student card and extra money in soles.
- Since the weather can be very cold and moistly, your clothes – once gotten wet – it will not dry at night. So take some clothes to change.
* We will not be able to book and confirm your tour or trek without the following:
1. A deposit of $150 USD . Deposits are made through the PayPal link below.