The Ausangate Trek is a trip that runs through one of the most beautiful landscapes in the Andes. Along the way, you’ll pass by small villages, glacial lakes, towering snow capped peaks, and herds of alpacas,The Ausangate Trek reaches some seriously high elevations Starting at 12,000ft and reaching high passes close to 17,000ft. The Ausangate mountain (6398m/20991f) is considered one of the most beautiful snow-capped mountains of the Andes. The region around the mountain offers impressive scenery of mountains, glaciers, lagoons and streams. Furthermore, the Andean people are very hospitable and preserve the respect for nature. The farmers have excellent knowledge in the raising of cattle such as the vicuña, the alpaca and the lama, which are all appreciated for their fine quality of wool and meat. The four hours drive from Cusco to Tinqui is an excellent preparation for the differences in temperature and altitude.
We will leave Cusco early in the morning by bus. On our way to Tinqui (3900m/12795f), we will pass little farms and enjoy the beautiful landscape. After a little picnic in Tinqui, we will start on foot towards the community of Upis (4400m/14436f). Along the way, we will meet local families who will show us some examples of their textile work, created to honor the nature and Andean symbols. We spend the night in Upis camping site, also the possibility to enjoy hot springs.
After breakfast, we will ascend towards the first pass called Arapa (4800m/15748f). Thereafter, we will descend towards Yana cocha and have a picknick. Our route continues ascending towards the Extreme Ausangate pass (4850m/15912f) and ends at the shore of the Ausangate Lake (4650m/15256f) where we will camp.
The 3rd day is both, the most beautiful and the most ardous one: we will first ascend towards the highest pass of this trek called the Palomani pass (5200m/17060f). From here, we will have an exceptional view of the mountains and glaciers of Ausangate. Thereafter, we will descend to the valley of Finaya Pampa and will finally arrive at our camping site called Jampa (4700m/15420f).
The highlight of this day is definitely the spectacular ascend to the Campa pass (5100m/16732f). Moreover, we will pass several lovely lagoons on the way to our camping site in Pacchanta (4350m/14270f). Here, we will visit the hot springs and will have a typical dinner.
After breakfast, our trek continues towards the village Tinqui (3900m/12795f), from where we will take a bus back to Cusco. On the way we will visit either Tipon or Saylla and have a typical dish of the region, such as guinea-pig or chicharrón (grilled pork). (Typical dish of the region included)
Most of the people living in the region of Ausangate are very poor and live from breeding and cultivation. A small group of farmers and our agency want to help those people. A small voluntary donation can help them to buy for example clothes or school equipment. The families will be very grateful.
(1) We will climb up 5200m/17060f. Combined with extreme weather this trek can be hard work. We want you to remember this trek with a smile on you face, therefore, please ensure that you are well acclimatized, in good shape and healthy.
(2) Since the weather can be very cold and moisty, your clothes - once gotten wet - won’t dry at night. So take some clothes to change.
1) We require an immediate deposit of US $ 150 for all bookings
2) For all tours and treks the balance can be paid up to 48 hours prior to the start of the program. In case of paying the balance in the office of XTreme Tourbulencia we only accept cash payment. Failure to pay the trek balance will result in tour cancellation.
3) If a participant decides to cancel during the breefing 2 days prior to departure, he or she has to pay the full amount of the trek. XTreme Tourbulencia however, will cover the expenses (hotel and transport) made by that participant to visit any village close to the trek. This offer of ours must be confirmed at the breefing itself.
4) The Client may cancel the Package booking at any time provided that the cancellation is communicated to firstname.lastname@example.org in writing. Cancellation charges will be applied as shown below calculated from the day written notification is received by email@example.com. All reservations cancelled less than 15 days prior to the departure date of the tour are subject to a cancellation fee:
5) The Ausangate Trek is non-transferable, non-reimbursable and the participant cannot change the date of departure
6) If during the length of the program the traveler abandons the excursion as a decision made by him- or herself, no reimbursement will be made and no claim will be accepted. XTreme Tourbulencia does not cover the expenses made by the traveler for a hotel and the transport back to Cusco. Also, the traveler will be accompanied by a co-worker of XTreme Tourbulencia back to the train station.
7) Certain Services might be interrupted or even cancelled due to weather conditions, natural disasters or other disturbances. These are out of the control of hotels, Service suppliers, XTreme Tourbulencia or its partners and therefore, no refund will be given.
8) If XTreme Tourbulencia doesn't confirm the reservation, the deposit will be refunded
9) In case of force majeur, when a trek cannot start or completed, XTreme Tourbulencia will find an alternative trek. If this alternative is of lower value than the originally booked excursion, XTreme Tourbulencia will refund the difference.
10) It is compulsory that all clients have personal travel insurance. This insurance must cover personal accidents, medical expenses, loss of effects and all other expenses which might arise as a result of loss, damage or injury occurring to the client. XTreme Tourbulencia cannot be considered responsible for any accident or loss of personal belongings the customer caused by his/her acts
If you are interested in this tour or do you have any questions about it. Please Contact us ..... CLICK HERE.
* We will not be able to book and confirm your tour or trek without the following:
1. A deposit of $150 USD . Deposits are made through the PayPal link below.
https://www.westernunion.com/pe/en/send-money.html Once you confirm your booking of trips, send the deposit through Western Union page or if you have any closer agency of this company , send us the money in US$ in name of :
|ID or DNI:||22976985|
|Address:||Calle Plateros N°364|
|Telephone number:||(+51) 984 610 644|
|Office of Western Union to be picked:||Maruri street N° 310|