The mountain chain of the Ausangate is situated in the Cordillera Vilcanota in the department of Cusco. It is one of the most remote high Andean zones of Peru and offers a spectacular trekking circuit along snow-capped peaks, lagoons, ice caverns, and thermal waters. Furthermore, it represents a thousand-year-old culture.
Our journey starts early in the morning by heading towards Mallma (3900/12795f), a town situated southeast of Cusco, where we will meet the rest of the team. During our bus ride, we will pass several little Andean farms and will enjoy the nice view. In Mallma we will start hiking for approximately two hours towards our camping site at the shore of the Singrena cocha lagoon (4200m/13780f).
The sunrise over the Cordillera Vilcanota is spectacular and offers a beautiful view of the glaciers and the lagoons around us. Although we are high up in the Andes, the region offers a great variety of flowers and plants, such as the Andean Cactus. Furthermore, this area is the home of the camelid, the chinchillin, the condor and the puma. After having passed the Tarapata Pass (4600m/15092f) we will descend to the Añasñiyucpampa Valley (4200m/13780f), our camping place.
The day starts with a walk towards the Pupusayoc Pass (4900m/16076f), from where we will have an impressive view of several mountains, such as the Callangati and the Ausangate. Thereafter, we will descend to our camping site in the community of Pacchanta (4300m/14108f). In the afternoon we will relax in the hot springs and at night we will have a typical dinner of the region called Pachamanca.
After breakfast, we will head for the manor of Tinqui (3850m/12631f). From here, we will take the bus back to Cusco.
Most of the people living in the region of Ausangate are very poor and live from breeding and cultivation. A small group of farmers and our agency want to help those people. A small voluntary donation can help them to buy for example clothes or school equipment. The families will be very grateful.
(1) During our journey, we will climb up to 4900m/16076f. Combined with extreme weather this trek can be hard work. We want you to remember this trek with a smile on you face, therefore, please ensure that you are well acclimatized, in good shape and healthy.
(2) Since the weather can be very cold and moisty, your clothes - once gotten wet - won’t dry at night. So take some clothes to change.
1) We require an immediate deposit of US $ 150 for all bookings
2) For all tours and treks the balance can be paid up to 48 hours prior to the start of the program. In case of paying the balance in the office of XTreme Tourbulencia we only accept cash payment. Failure to pay the trek balance will result in tour cancellation.
3) If a participant decides to cancel during the breefing 2 days prior to departure, he or she has to pay the full amount of the trek. XTreme Tourbulencia however, will cover the expenses (hotel and transport) made by that participant to visit any village close to the trek. This offer of ours must be confirmed at the breefing itself.
4) The Client may cancel the Package booking at any time provided that the cancellation is communicated to firstname.lastname@example.org in writing. Cancellation charges will be applied as shown below calculated from the day written notification is received by email@example.com. All reservations cancelled less than 15 days prior to the departure date of the tour are subject to a cancellation fee:
5) The Ausangate Trek is non-transferable, non-reimbursable and the participant cannot change the date of departure
6) If during the length of the program the traveler abandons the excursion as a decision made by him- or herself, no reimbursement will be made and no claim will be accepted. XTreme Tourbulencia does not cover the expenses made by the traveler for a hotel and the transport back to Cusco. Also, the traveler will be accompanied by a co-worker of XTreme Tourbulencia back to the train station.
7) Certain Services might be interrupted or even cancelled due to weather conditions, natural disasters or other disturbances. These are out of the control of hotels, Service suppliers, XTreme Tourbulencia or its partners and therefore, no refund will be given.
8) If XTreme Tourbulencia doesn't confirm the reservation, the deposit will be refunded
9) In case of force majeur, when a trek cannot start or completed, XTreme Tourbulencia will find an alternative trek. If this alternative is of lower value than the originally booked excursion, XTreme Tourbulencia will refund the difference.
10) It is compulsory that all clients have personal travel insurance. This insurance must cover personal accidents, medical expenses, loss of effects and all other expenses which might arise as a result of loss, damage or injury occurring to the client. XTreme Tourbulencia cannot be considered responsible for any accident or loss of personal belongings the customer caused by his/her acts
* We will not be able to book and confirm your tour or trek without the following:
1. A deposit of $150 USD . Deposits are made through the PayPal link below.
https://www.westernunion.com/pe/en/send-money.html Once you confirm your booking of trips, send the deposit through Western Union page or if you have any closer agency of this company , send us the money in US$ in name of :
|ID or DNI:||22976985|
|Address:||Calle Plateros N°364|
|Telephone number:||(+51) 984 610 644|
|Office of Western Union to be picked:||Maruri street N° 310|