This territory has a variety of microclimates. The landscape consists of snow-covered summits of more than 6000m, high Andean plateaus and a fantastic rainforest. This region is dominated by Manco Inca, place of the occidental invasion. This place includes different nucleus, sacred settlements and constructions.
*A minimum of 2 persons is needed for this trek
We leave early in the morning to the northeast of Cusco to the village of Cachora (2850m). Cachora is surrounded by the mountains and the snow-covered Padreyoc to continue to Capuliyoc this is the place where we will meet the horsemen who will help us carrying the camping material. At the moment our trek starts we notice the presence of the enormous Padreyoc in the pass of Capuliyoq (2800m). After Capuliyoq we will see the spectacular presence of the canyon of Apurímac and leave from the archeological site of Choquequirao, which leads to a short descent till the camp site of Chiquisca (1930m).
After our breakfast, we begin to descent for 30 minutes to Playa Rosalina (1500m). From here we will start the climb to the canyon as fast as we can, in a warm climate, to the village of Marampata (2850m). Here we will have a beautiful view of the archeological site of Choquequirao. The sunset in Choquequirao is beautiful combined with an Andean symbol: the Cóndor which flies to the oldest mountains of the Vilcabamba range and to the archeological complex of Choquequirao. At 20 minutes of the archeological center of Choquequirao, we will spend the night.
The third day a professional guide will tell us about the archeological site of Choquequirao, about the history, the ruins and the recent discovered excavations. Nowadays Choquequirao has a lot of ancient secrets. Only 30% of the ruins are restored. For the restoration a project is created and is estimated at a few more years before Choquequirao can be exposed to the whole world. Choquequirao will become an attraction as big as Machu Picchu. After our visit at Choquequirao we are going back to Marampata and a bit later to the depth of the canyon of Apurímac. Here we will continue our climb to the forest of our camping site, Chiquisca (1930m).
During the morning, we will do a climb to Capuliyok where the car wait for us. In the canyon of Apurímac and this break will be also ideal for observing the Cóndor. When we leave from the pass of Capuliyoc
(1) From the 1st to the 2nd day (from Marcoccasa to Chaullay), we will be accompanied by a team of muleteers and mules, who will carry all camping equipment, food and personal belongings (maximum 7 kg per person). On the 3rd day, luggage will be sent by car to the Hydro Station.
(2) Visit to Huayna Picchu or Montaña: To climb Huayna Picchu or Montaña, you need to book a good time in advance. We take care of the reservation and guarantee your entrance for Huayna Picchu or Montaña. With of course an additional fee of $ 65.00, in addition to the entrance to Machu Picchu and the Inca Trail, according to the regulation of the Ministry of Culture. (This new law came into force on July 18, 2011).
(3) Gratuities: for porters, cooks and guides are always welcome. Carriers are also very grateful for a small donation, such as school clothes or materials for their children.
(4) Student Card : To be eligible for the $ 20.00 student discount, you must have a valid ISIC student card when booking - not just when you arrive in Cusco! The validity must correspond to the whole year in progress. When booking, we will need a copy of your card. The Ministry of Culture is strict when regulating student cards.
(5) CANCELLATION: For any last minute cancellation, the expenses already made by the agency will be at your expense.
|Period before departure written notification is received.||Cancellation fee as a percentage of the holiday price|
|6 days or less.||100%|
* We will not be able to book and confirm your tour or trek without the following:
1. A deposit of $150 USD . Deposits are made through the PayPal link below.
https://www.westernunion.com/pe/en/send-money.html Once you confirm your booking of trips, send the deposit through Western Union page or if you have any closer agency of this company , send us the money in US$ in name of :
|ID or DNI:||22976985|
|Address:||Calle Plateros N°364|
|Telephone number:||(+51) 984 610 644|
|Office of Western Union to be picked:||Maruri street N° 310|