The Choquequirao is considered the "Sacred Sister" of Machu Picchu. The only way to reach this citadel is a superb 5-day trek, passing along the deep canyon of Apurimac, in the midst of snow-capped mountains and humid forests with rich fauna and flora.
We will leave Cusco at 5.30am and take the road towards the village of Cachora, where we will arrive after 4h30 of road. On site we will meet the team of cooks and muleteers, as well as their animals, who will accompany us throughout this trek. After loading the mules that will carry all our equipment, we will begin our walk towards the Col de Capuliyoc (2800m). Throughout the day, we will observe the evolution of the landscape and vegetation from the depths of the Apurimac Canyon below to the snowy peaks of the mountains that dominate us. We will descend inside the Apurimac Canyon to the site of Chiquisca (1930m), where we will camp.
After a full breakfast, we will descend to the Playa Rosalina (1550m) - which is located on the banks of the river, right in the middle of the canyon. En route we can make stops to meet the locals, and try a typical element of the region: sugar cane. We will go up to Marampata (2850m) where we hang our lunch. From here we will enjoy a superb view of the archaeological complex of Choquequirao (3033m), where we will head. Arriving at the site of Choquequirao, you will have a first visit and we can enjoy the sunset, maybe even we will have the chance to watch the theft of condors. Our camp is located 20 minutes from the Inca city.
We will spend all day on the archaeological site of Choquequirao, to make the most of the beauty and magical atmosphere of this exceptional place. Currently, only 30% of the "Cradle of Gold" is discovered and can be visited. You will be entitled to a private tour with our guide, who will explain the life of the Incas, their customs, their traditions, and their daily life in this exceptional city. We will be able to admire the magnificent sunset on the Apurimac canyon and rest before the march of the following days.
After breakfast we will leave Choquequirao to continue our trek. We will descend the Canyon of Apurimac, in its deepest part, called San Ignacio (1500m). Along the way you will be treated to breathtaking views. In San Ignacio, we will have lunch, then we will go up to our camp which is in the beautiful gardens of Carmen (2000m) - a paradisiacal garden with its exceptional flora. You will discover the local plantations of this small valley, like all the different varieties of corn and potatoes existing in Peru!
The Carmen Gardens are close to the Tambobamba Manor (2500m), a region that was ruled by landowners during the 19th and 20th centuries and is considered one of the most fertile valleys for growing maize and variety varieties. potatoes. We will pass small typical villages, such as Pacobamba and Huanipaca (3150m) where you can notice the life of the local daily. Then we will return to Cusco by bus. On the way, we can make a stop at the hot water baths of Cconoc. Expected arrival in Cusco around 18:00.
(1) Depending on the weather conditions, the path between the Inca ruins of Choquequirao and San Ignacio can be very slippery and dangerous. As a result, we ask you to walk with a lot of attention. In extreme cases (landslide ...), we will be forced to return to Chiquisca, then Cachora.
(2) The hike to Choquequirao should not be underestimated. Especially the second day which involves a great physical effort to finish the day. Combined with high altitude and extreme weather (the climate can be very hot) hiking can be difficult. We strongly recommend that you first acclimatize to altitude and be in good shape.
(3) From the first to the fifth day (from Cachora to Huanipaca) we are accompanied by muleteers and mules who will carry all camping equipment and personal luggage (maximum 7 kg).
(4) Tips: for porters, cooks and guides are always welcome. Carriers are also very grateful for a small financial donation, or for example clothing or school material for their children.
(5) CANCELLATION: For any last minute cancellation, the expenses already made by the agency will be at your expense.
* We will not be able to book and confirm your tour or trek without the following:
1. A deposit of $150 USD . Deposits are made through the PayPal link below.
https://www.westernunion.com/pe/en/send-money.html Once you confirm your booking of trips, send the deposit through Western Union page or if you have any closer agency of this company , send us the money in US$ in name of :
|ID or DNI:||22976985|
|Address:||Calle Plateros N°364|
|Telephone number:||(+51) 984 610 644|
|Office of Western Union to be picked:||Maruri street N° 310|