Day 1: Cusco – Chinchero – Ollantaytambo – Malaga Pass – Santa Maria – Maranura (descent by mountain bike)
We will pick you up at your hotel in Cusco at about 6:30am with our private transport and we will take you further to the village of Chinchero. This typical village that still possesses a lot of Inca ruins, is one of the main places in the Sacred Valley of the Incas. From this village we will follow the Vilcanota River until we arrive in the village of Ollantaytambo. This village had an important fortress during the reign of Manco Capac, especially when the Spanish began to gain land in this region (1535). From Ollantaytambo, we will climb the pass of Abra Malaga, which is situated at a height of 4350 meters above sea level.
We will arrive this pass at around midday. On this pass, you will be given mountain bikes, which you can use to make the descent on asphalted roads in the midst of the jungle (when the weather does not allow it, we will perform this part of the trek by car). We ride our mountain bikes until the little community of Carrizales where we will enjoy our breakfast and a little rest. After our well-deserved rest, we continue to descent with our mountain bikes through attractive villages in the midst of the tropical forest, which will take us roughly 3 or 4 hours. On the way, we will visit the archaeological site of Wamanmarka. After this, we will offer you the time to enjoy the beautiful landscape with its typical vegetation and marvelous fauna. Arrived at Santa Maria (1430m) we will have lunch and pass the night in the house of a local family in Maranura (about 10minutes from Santa Maria). In the afternoon, there will be some exchange with the family concerning the harvesting of their coffee and cocoa, depending on the season. If you wish, you can also do a quadbike tour, discovering the landscape full of cascades, fauna and flora (on supplement, ask your agency for the price).
Day 2: Maranura – Santa Teresa (Trekking)
We will wake up at about 6:00am to taste the delicious local coffee and fruit juices (according to the season) as well as the succulent breakfast made by our cook (7h30). We will walk along the bank of the Vilcanota River, where the landscape becomes a bit steeper in one of the ancient Inca trails.
Here there are also abysses until 800 meters deep. We take our breakfast in the village of Qellomayo, 1 hours of trek further away. We will be able to see the local fauna from very close, in particular the hummingbird, parrots, eagles etc. We also have the chance to pick to local fruits such as oranges, mandarins, pacay (Andean fruit), mangos, cacao, coffee, etc. We continue along the bank of the river to arrive at the hot tubs of Cocalmayo, close to the village of Santa Teresa. After having enjoyed the hot springs, we continue to Santa Teresa (1850m). Here we will have dinner and rest.
Day 3: Santa Teresa – Station Hydroelectric – Aguas Calientes (Trekking)
In the morning we will have the opportunity to do the zip line (on supplement, the reservation is to be done directly in your agency while booking the whole trek). This is a unique and an adventurous experience full of adrenaline passing by one side of the valley to the other at a cable. The zip lining begins at 7:00am in the morning and takes until 10:00am. At this time there will be a bus taking us to the Hidroelectrical station where we will have our breakfast.
We will continue our trek on the bank of the Urubamba River for about 3 hours until we arrive at Aguas Calientes, a little town at the feet of Machu Picchu. On our way to this town, we will visit the natural park of Mandor where we discover a variety of local flowers and when we are lucky, local bird life as well… In Aguas Calientes town, we will have lunch and rest during the night. There will be also a chance to enjoy the hot tubs in Aguas Calientes (on supplement).
Day 4: Machu Picchu – Cusco
We will be leaving our hotel early in the morning after having had our breakfast and we will immediately take the bus to Machu Picchu at 5:30am, which takes roughly half an hour. In the bus, we will be amazed by the astonishing view of the sunset over Machu Picchu. Our guide will offer you a guided visit of about 2 hours and after this you will have time to visit Machu Picchu and maybe Wayna Picchu (optional, to be reserved in advance) at your own pace. When you have survived the tough climb of this mountain, you will be recompensed by the astonishing view over Machu Picchu.
Tourist busses will offer you the descent back to Aguas Calientes, from where we will take the train to Ollantaytambo, where our bus awaits you to continue to Cusco.
- Private transport that picks you up at your hotel in Cusco
- Mountain bike with suspension, gloves and a helmet
- Meals during the trek (3 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 3 diners)
- 2 nights in a hostel, in Maranura and Santa Teresa (all basic services included)
- Private room in an hostel in Aguas Calientes (Machu Picchu, Continental breakfast or similar)
- Entrance to Machu Picchu
- Bus from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu
- Professional bilingual guide (English, Spanish and French on demand)
- Train to return to Ollantaytambo + bus to Cusco
- Breakfast on the first day and diner on the last day
- Bus from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes
- Zip line in Santa Teresa (third day), $20 per person
- Entrance fee to the hot springs (10 Soles)
What to bring?
- Backpack with a rain poncho
- Water proof vest
- Rain trousers and light trousers
- Trekking shoes
- Sandals (for the showers and the hot springs)
- Bathing suit and towel
- Mosquito repellent
- Desinfectation gel
- Toilet paper
- Toilet necessities
- Camera (wrapped in a plastic bag)
- Torch with extra batteries
- Original Passport
- International student card ISIC
- Money in Soles
- The climate can be very cold and humid, for this, your clothes are not able to dry. This is why you should bring extra clothes as well.
- Visit to Huayna Picchu: This demands a reservation in advance. We will take care of the reservation and will guarantee you the visit to the mountain. The price to this mountain is $15
- The agency has to confirm every change in the hours of the train at least 2 days before the start of your trek. During the briefing, which also takes place 2 days before the start of your trek, your guide will give you all the useful information of the trek.
- Tips for the porters, cooks and guides are always welcome. The porters are very grateful as well when they receive some clothing or school material for their children.
1. Un depósito de $ 150 USD. Los depósitos se realizan a través del siguiente enlace de PayPal.
2.- Envía el dinero a través de WESTER UNION
(Una forma fácil y económica de enviar el depósito) https://www.westernunion.com/pe/en/send-money.html Una vez que confirme su reserva de viajes, envíe el depósito a través de la página de Western Union o si tiene alguna agencia más cercana de esta empresa, envíenos el dinero en US $ a nombre de:
|ID or DNI:||22976985|
|Direccion:||Calle Plateros N°364|
|Número Telefónico:||(+51) 984 610 644|
|Oficina de Western Union:||Maruri street N° 310|