1st Day: Cusco – Tauca – Huchuy Qosqo Pass – Huchuy Qosqo – Lamay – Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes (Trekking and train)
You will start driving from your hotel to the small Village of Tauca, (3750m) the beginning of your trek will be on level terrain, and the landscape will be that of typical Andean valleys rich in corn, potatoes, barley, quinoa and other Andean tubers. As you ascend towards your pass at 4050m, the landscape begins to change dramatically to that classic of high Andean savannah or Puna, with scant vegetation, mainly “ichu” or high altitude grass.
The views of the Cordillera Vilcabamba peaks are spectacular: Veronica, Pitusiray, Chicon and San Juan snow peaks. Soon after the pass, you will start your descent toward the Huchuy Qosqo plains hiking along a path that leads to the Ccauca ravine, where you will be able to see archaeological remains and wild crops, such as tarwi, and a large quantity of cacti. You will walk downhill towards the Leon Punku ravine, where you will find remains of an Inca bridge and trail. This canyon boasts geological formations surrounded by majestic rocks and boulders that direct the river to Huchuy Qosqo at 3650 m. Huchuy Qosqo (“Little Cuzco”) is a Noteworthy Inca complex. It boasts very fine stonework in a large Kallanka (rectangular Hall), some residential and defensive quarters and interesting two-story buildings in stone and adobe. Huchuy Qosqo is located on a plateau, surrounded by Inca agricultural terracing and commanding superb views of the Vilcabamba range. Afterwards we will go downhill to Lamay at (2900m) where we will catch our transport driving to Ollantaytambo. Ollantaytambo is the place where we will continue by train to Aguas Calientes town. Overnight in hotel.
Box lunch and dinner are included.
2nd Day: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Cusco
Early in the morning, we will go up in the first bus to visit Machu Picchu (2450m) at your own pace with your guide. After your free time, we descend to the village of Aguas Calientes at (2050m) we will catch the train coming back to Ollantaytambo, where your vehicle will be expecting you to take you to your hotel in Cusco (3350m).
Breakfast is included.
- Private transportation, to and from your hotel transport
- All meals marked as B,L,D
- Professional bilingual guide (Spanish and English)
- Entrance fee to Huchuy Qosqo
- Entrance fee to Machu Picchu
- Buses goes up from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu
- Hostel in Aguas Calientes (Machupicchu, Continental or similar)
- First-aid including emergency oxygen bottle
- Cold boiled water during the all trek.
- Any meals not specified after each itinerary day.
- Optional tips to staff.
- Expenses such as medical immunizations (if any) and travel insurance
- Visit to Huayna Picchu: For Huayna Picchu mountain requires to be booked long time in advance however we charge additional $ 15.00 and then we’ll guarantee your entrance for Huayna Picchu as well (This new State law began since the 18th of July, 2011).
- Tips for porters, cooks and guides are always welcome. The porters are also very grateful for a small donation, for example clothes or school equipment for their children.
What to bring?
- Small backpack with rain shelter (30 or 40 litters is well enough).
- Clothing for warm and cold climate like a waterproof jacket.
- Trekking shoes.
- Slippers or sandals (for showers and hot springs).
- Woolen or synthetic socksand a sweater.
- Long- and short-sleeved polo’s/T-Shirts.
- Rainponcho and a hat.
- Bathing suit (for the hot springs in Aguas Calientes).
- Sunscreen, insect repellent, disinfecting alcohol, gel, and toilet paper.
- Camera (wrapped in plastic bag), a flash light and batteries.
- Some snacks like chocolate bars and dry fruit.
- Original passport, original ISIC student card (In case you are student) and extra money in soles.
During the high season (May to August), it is difficult to ensure the exact date of departure desired – there may be only availability the day before or after. We will of course do our best to ensure the best service, but we must adhere to the daily people limits policy established on this tour.
IMPORTANT TERMS & CONDITIONS
- We require an immediate deposit of $150.00USD for all bookings.
- For all tours and treks, the balance must be paid in full up to 48 hours prior to the start of the program. If you want to pay the balance in the office of XTreme Tourbulencia, we only accept cash payment. Failure to pay the trek balance will result in tour cancellation.
- If you decide to cancel during the briefing 2 days prior to departure, you must pay the full amount of the trek. XTreme Tourbulencia, however, will cover the expenses for the hotel and train ticket to visit Machu Picchu. This offer must be confirmed in writing at the briefing.
- You may cancel the booking at any time provided that the cancellation is communicated to email@example.com in writing. Cancellation charges will be applied as shown below calculated from the day written notification is received by firstname.lastname@example.org. All reservations cancelled less than 15 days prior to the departure date of the tour are subject to a cancellation fee
- The Lares Trek is non-transferable, non-reimbursable and the participant cannot change the date of departure.
- If the traveler makes the decision to abandon the excursion during the program, no reimbursement will be made and no claim will be accepted. XTreme Tourbulencia does not cover the expenses made by the traveler for the hotel and the transport back to Cusco or to Aguas Calientes, as well as a hotel in Aguas Calientes. Also, the traveler will be accompanied by a representative of XTreme Tourbulencia back to the train station.
- Certain services might be interrupted or even cancelled due to weather conditions, natural disasters or other disturbances. These are out of the control of hotels, service suppliers, XTreme Tourbulencia or its partners and therefore, no refund will be given.
- To receive the student discount of $20.00USD, we require a copy of a university student card with valid expiration date and picture. It is very important to bring your original student card to validate the discount. In the event that we don’t receive the scanned copy of the student card along with your reservation form, we will process your reservation at the full, adult price.
- If XTreme Tourbulencia doesn’t confirm the reservation, the deposit will be refunded.
- In the case of force majeur, when a trek cannot start or be completed, XTreme Tourbulencia will find an alternative route to go to Machu Picchu. If this alternative is of lower value than the originally booked excursion, XTreme Tourbulencia will refund the difference.
- It is compulsory that all clients have personal travel insurance. This insurance must cover personal accidents, medical expenses, loss of effects and all other expenses which might arise as a result of loss, damage or injury occurring to the client. XTreme Tourbulencia cannot be considered responsible for any accident or loss of personal belongings the customer caused by his/her own actions.
|Period before departure written notification is received.||Cancellation fee as a percentage of the holiday price|
|6 days or less.||100%|
* We will not be able to book and confirm your tour or trek without the following:
1. A deposit of $150 USD . Deposits are made through the PayPal link below.