Cras aliquet magna sit amet dapibus volutpat. Interdum et malesuada fames ac ante ipsum primis in faucibus. In tincidunt ligula quis ligula consectetur, ut sollicitudin felis aliquam. Morbi vel condimentum odio, sit amet maximus massa. Donec tristique, tortor eu consequat malesuada, velit urna mattis turpis, in vulputate lacus nisl et lacus. Fusce metus nibh, tempor ac eros quis, dapibus sollicitudin sapien. Curabitur quis arcu quis nisi fringilla auctor. Donec ultricies consequat nibh in dignissim. Quisque ullamcorper augue ac vulputate consequat.
1st Day: Chinchero (Valley of Cuper) – Pucamarca – Huchuy Qosqo
We begin our journey by departing Cusco, by car, in the direction of the Inca Site known as Chinchero (3760 meters). From here, we will begin trekking up the road as it curves sharply up-hill to reach a pass of near 4200 meters. We will continue to follow the trail down into the valley and towards the small community at the bottom.
As we descend along the trail, you will see a beautifully green valley stretching out as far as the eye can see. Passing through the village, the trail takes us up over the second pass (4300 meters) and into high open country.
On the way, we will pass by the beautiful Lake Qoricocha (Golden Lake in Quechua). We will continue along this rustic trail, with its stellar views of the surrounding mountain ranges. Finally, we will descend towards the Huchuy Qoso (3650 meters), where we will arrive in the late afternoon. Here, we will set up camp and enjoy our supper underneath the great starry sky.
- Hiking time: 6 hours
- Lunch and dinner included
2nd Day: Huchuy Qosqo – Lamay – Maras Moray – Salt Mine
Huchuy Qosqo is perched above the Urubamba Valley, overlooking the little town of Lamay, which is a town dedicated to agriculture and raising cattle.
Huchuy Qosqo was originally an administrative center, where the Incas buildings had made of stone and adobe, which has a great example of Inca style perfectly fitting stones.
Continuing along this magnificent path, with Pitusiray looming above us, we will eventually pass an Inca stone and adobe gateway. This was the entrance to the ruins of Huchuy Qosqo for people who climbed up from the Urubamba Valley.
Our private transport will pick us up from Lamay drove to Maras Moray, Salt mines and Chinchero where we will visit the Inca’s sites and the colonial town. We will be back in Cusco at around 6pm.
Breakfast and lunch included.
- Transfer in private transport from your hotel to Chinchero (starting point of the trek)
- Private transport from Lamay to Maras Moray, Salt Mine and Cusco
- Personal tents: 2 people
- Dining tent with tables and chairs
- Professional bilingual guide (Spanish and English)
- Cook and cooking equipment and kitchen tent
- Porters or horses (Carrying the tents, food and cooking equipment)
- Entrance fee to Huchuy Qosqo
- First-aid kit including emergency oxygen bottle
- Entrance to Maras Moray, Salt Mine and Chinchero
- Cold boiled water during the all trek.
TOUR NO INCLUDE
- Breakfast at the first and dinner at the last day
- Sleeping bag
- From Chinchero to Lamay we are accompanied by porters, equestrians and mules that will carry all camping equipment.
- Tips for porters, cooks and guides are always welcome. The porters are also very grateful for a small donation, for example clothes or school equipment for their children.
WHAT TO BRING?
- Small backpack with rain shelter (30 or 40 litters is well enough).
- Clothing for warm and cold climate like a waterproof jacket.
- Trekking shoes.
- Slippers or sandals (for showers and hot springs).
- Woolen or synthetic socksand a sweater.
- Long- and short-sleeved polo’s/T-Shirts.
- Rainponcho and a hat.
- Bathing suit (for the hot springs in Aguas Calientes).
- Sunscreen, insect repellent, disinfecting alcohol, gel, and toilet paper.
- Camera (wrapped in plastic bag), a flash light and batteries.
- Some snacks like chocolate bars and dry fruit.
- Original passport, original ISIC student card (In case you are student) and extra money in soles.
During the high season (May to August), it is difficult to ensure the exact date of departure desired – there may be only availability the day before or after. We will of course do our best to ensure the best service, but we must adhere to the daily people limits policy established on this tour.
IMPORTANT TERMS & CONDITIONS
- We require an immediate deposit of $150.00USD for all bookings.
- For all tours and treks, the balance must be paid in full up to 48 hours prior to the start of the program. If you want to pay the balance in the office of XTreme Tourbulencia, we only accept cash payment. Failure to pay the trek balance will result in tour cancellation.
- If you decide to cancel during the briefing 2 days prior to departure, you must pay the full amount of the trek. XTreme Tourbulencia, however, will cover the expenses for the hotel and train ticket to visit Machu Picchu. This offer must be confirmed in writing at the briefing.
- You may cancel the booking at any time provided that the cancellation is communicated to email@example.com in writing. Cancellation charges will be applied as shown below calculated from the day written notification is received by firstname.lastname@example.org. All reservations cancelled less than 15 days prior to the departure date of the tour are subject to a cancellation fee
- The Lares Trek is non-transferable, non-reimbursable and the participant cannot change the date of departure.
- If the traveler makes the decision to abandon the excursion during the program, no reimbursement will be made and no claim will be accepted. XTreme Tourbulencia does not cover the expenses made by the traveler for the hotel and the transport back to Cusco or to Aguas Calientes, as well as a hotel in Aguas Calientes. Also, the traveler will be accompanied by a representative of XTreme Tourbulencia back to the train station.
- Certain services might be interrupted or even cancelled due to weather conditions, natural disasters or other disturbances. These are out of the control of hotels, service suppliers, XTreme Tourbulencia or its partners and therefore, no refund will be given.
- To receive the student discount of $20.00USD, we require a copy of a university student card with valid expiration date and picture. It is very important to bring your original student card to validate the discount. In the event that we don’t receive the scanned copy of the student card along with your reservation form, we will process your reservation at the full, adult price.
- If XTreme Tourbulencia doesn’t confirm the reservation, the deposit will be refunded.
- In the case of force majeur, when a trek cannot start or be completed, XTreme Tourbulencia will find an alternative route to go to Machu Picchu. If this alternative is of lower value than the originally booked excursion, XTreme Tourbulencia will refund the difference.
- It is compulsory that all clients have personal travel insurance. This insurance must cover personal accidents, medical expenses, loss of effects and all other expenses which might arise as a result of loss, damage or injury occurring to the client. XTreme Tourbulencia cannot be considered responsible for any accident or loss of personal belongings the customer caused by his/her own actions.
|Period before departure written notification is received.||Cancellation fee as a percentage of the holiday price|
|6 days or less.||100%|
* We will not be able to book and confirm your tour or trek without the following:
1.- A deposit of $150 USD . Deposits are made through the PayPal link below.
2.- Send the money through WESTER UNION
(An easy and cheaper way to send the deposit) https://www.westernunion.com/pe/en/send-money.html Once you confirm your booking of trips, send the deposit through Western Union page or if you have any closer agency of this company , send us the money in US$ in name of :
|ID or DNI:||22976985|
|Address:||Calle Plateros N°364|
|Telephone number:||(+51) 984 610 644|
|Office of Western Union to be picked:||Maruri street N° 310|