This trek is ideal for those passengers who really want to be far in the middle of nowhere with only nature surrounding them. Huchuy Qosqo (small Cusco) is situated above the Valley of Urubamba and offers spectacular views over the mountain range Cordillera de Vilcanota.
Huchuy Qosqo Trek to Machu Picchu - Overview:
Altitude: 2050 - 4050 m. / 6725 - 13287 f.
Duration: 2 days / 1 night
Distance: 14 km
Level of difficulty: Normal (Easy)
Huchuy Qosqo Trek to Machu Picchu - Overview:
1st Day: Cusco - Tauca - Huchuy Qosqo Pass – Huchuy Qosqo - Lamay – Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes (Trekking and train)
You will start driving from your hotel to the small Village of Tauca,(3750m) the beginning of your trek will be on level terrain, and the landscape will be that of typical Andean valleys rich in corn, potatoes, barley, quinoa and other Andean tubers. As you ascend towards your pass at 4050m, the landscape begins to change dramatically to that classic of high Andean savannah or Puna, with scant vegetation, mainly “ichu” or high altitude grass. The views of the Cordillera Vilcabamba peaks are spectacular: Veronica, Pitusiray, Chicon and San Juan snow peaks. Soon after the pass you will start your descent toward the Huchuy Qosqo plains hiking along a path that leads to the Ccauca ravine, where you will be able to see archaeological remains and wild crops, such as tarwi, and a large quantity of cacti. You will walk downhill towards the Leon Punku ravine, where you will find remains of an Inca bridge and trail. This canyon boasts geological formations surrounded by majestic rocks and boulders that direct the river to Huchuy Qosqo at 3650 m. Huchuy Qosqo (“Little Cuzco”) is a Noteworthy Inca complex. It boasts very fine stonework in a large Kallanka (rectangular Hall), some residential and defensive quarters and interesting two-story buildings in stone and adobe. Huchuy Qosqo is located on a plateau, surrounded by Inca agricultural terracing and commanding superb views of the Vilcabamba range. Afterwards we’ll go down hill to Lamay at 2900m where we’ll catch our transport driving to Ollantaytambo. Ollantaytambo is the place where we’ll continue by train to Aguas Calientes town. Overnight in hotel.
Box lunch and dinner are included.
2nd Day: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Cusco
Early in the morning we’ll go up in the first bus to visit Machu Picchu 2450m at your own pace with your guide. After your free time descent to the village of Aguas Calientes at 2050m, we’ll catch the train coming back to Ollantaytambo, where your vehicle will be expecting you to take you to your hotel in Cusco 3350m.
Breakfast is included.
Huchuy Qosqo Trek to Machu Picchu 2 days (Private)
- Private transportation, to and from your hotel transport
- All meals marked as B,L,D
- Professional bilingual guide (Spanish and English)
- Entrance fee to Huchuy Qosqo
- Entrance fee to Machu Picchu
- Buses goes up from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu
- Hostel in Aguas Calientes (Machupicchu, Continental or similar)
- First-aid including emergency oxygen bottle
- Any meals not specified after each itinerary day.
- Optional tips to staff.
- Expenses such as medical immunizations (if any) and travel insurance.
(1) Visit to Huayna Picchu: For Huayna Picchu mountain requires to be booked long time in advance however we charge additional $ 15.00 and then we’ll guarantee your entrance for Huayna Picchu as well (This new State law began since the 18th of July, 2011).
(2) Tips for porters, cooks and guides are always welcome. The porters are also very grateful for a small donation, for example clothes or school equipment for their children.
What do I need to bring?
- Small backpack with rain shelter (30 or 40 litters is well enough).
- Clothing for warm and cold climate like a waterproof jacket.
- Trekking shoes.
- Slippers or sandals (for showers and hot springs).
- Woolen or synthetic socksand a sweater.
- Long- and short-sleeved polo’s/T-Shirts.
- Rainponcho and a hat.
- Bathing suit (for the hot springs in Aguas Calientes).
- Sunscreen, insect repellent, disinfecting alcohol and gel and toilet paper.
- Camera (wrapped in plastic bag), a flash light and batteries.
- Some snacks like chocolate bars and dry fruit.
- Original passport, original ISIC student card (In case you are student) and extra money in soles.
Conditions & Terms:
1) We require an immediate deposit of US $ 150 for all bookings
2) For all tours and treks the balance can be paid up to 48 hours prior to the start of the program. In case of paying the balance in the office of XTreme Tourbulencia we only accept cash payment. Failure to pay the trek balance will result in tour cancellation.
3) If a participant decides to cancel during the breefing 2 days prior to departure, he or she has to pay the full amount of the trek. XTreme Tourbulencia however, will cover the expenses (hotel and train ticket) made by that participant to visit Machu Picchu. This offer of ours must be confirmed at the breefing itself.
5) The Huchuy Qosqo Trek is non-transferable, non-reimbursable and the participant cannot change the date of departure
6) If during the length of the program the traveler abandons the excursion as a decision made by him- or herself, no reimbursement will be made and no claim will be accepted. XTreme Tourbulencia does not cover the expenses made by the traveler for a hotel and the transport back to Cusco.
7) Certain Services might be interrupted or even cancelled due to weather conditions, natural disasters or other disturbances. These are out of the control of hotels, Service suppliers, XTreme Tourbulencia or its partners and therefore, no refund will be given.
8) For the student discount of $ 20 UDS we require a copy of a university student card with valid expiration date and picture on it. It is very important bring with you your original student card to valid the discount. In the event that we don't receive the scanned copy of the card along with your reservation form, we will process your reservation with adult price.
9) If XTreme Tourbulencia doesn't confirm the reservation, the deposit will be refunded
10) In case of force majeur, when a trek cannot start or completed, XTreme Tourbulencia will find an alternative to go to Machu Picchu. If this alternative is of lower value than the originally booked excursion, XTreme Tourbulencia will refund the difference.
11) It is compulsory that all clients have personal travel insurance. This insurance must cover personal accidents, medical expenses, loss of effects and all other expenses which might arise as a result of loss, damage or injury occurring to the client. XTreme Tourbulencia cannot be considered responsible for any accident or loss of personal belongings the customer caused by his/her acts
If you are interested in this tour or do you have any questions about it. Please Contact us ..... CLICK HERE.
Payments & Payments
* We will not be able to book and confirm your tour or trek without the following:
1. A deposit of $150 USD . Deposits are made through the PayPal link below.