Huchuy Qosqo and Sacred Valley, This trek is ideal for those passengers who really want to be far in the middle of nowhere with only nature surrounding them as they camp in an area that is scarcely seen by tourists. Huchuy Qosqo (small Cusco) is situated above the Valley of Urubamba and offers very spectacular views over the mountain range Cordillera de Vilcanota. You will have one night camping in the wilderness.
Overview - Huchuy Qosqo and Sacred Valley:
Altitude: 3650 - 4300 m. / 11975 - 14107 f.
Duration: 2 days / 1 night
Distance: 14 km
Level of difficulty: Normal (easy)
Huchuy Qosqo and Sacred Valley 2 Days Itinerary:
1st Day: Chinchero (Valley of Cuper) – Pucamarca – Huchuy Qosqo
We begin our journey by departing Cusco, by car, in the direction of the Inca Site known as Chinchero (3760 meters). From here, we will begin trekking up the road as it curves sharply up-hill to reach a pass of near 4200 meters. We will continue to follow the trail down into the valley and towards the small community at the bottom. As we descend along the trail, you will see a beautifully green valley stretching out as far as the eye can see. Passing through the village, the trail takes us up over the second pass (4300 meters) and into high open country. On the way, we will pass by the beautiful Lake Qoricocha (Golden Lake in Quechua). We’ll continue along this rustic trail, with its stellar views of the surrounding mountain ranges. Finally, we’ll descend towards the Huchuy Qoso (3650 meters), where we’ll arrive in the late afternoon. Here, we’ll set up camp and enjoy our supper underneath the great starry sky.
Hiking time: 6 hours
Lunch and dinner included.
2nd Day: Huchuy Qosqo - Lamay – Maras Moray – Salt Mine
Huchuy Qosqo is perched above the Urubamba Valley, overlooking the little town of Lamay, which is a town dedicated to agriculture and raising cattle. Huchuy Qosqo was originally an administrative center, where the Incas buildings had made of stone and adobe which has a great example of Inca style perfectly fitting stones. Continuing along this magnificent path, with Pitusiray looming above us, we will eventually pass an Inca stone and adobe gateway. This was the entrance to the ruins of Huchuy Qosqo for people who climbed up from the Urubamba Valley.
Our private transport will pick us up from Lamay drove to Maras Moray, Salt mine and Chinchero where we will visit the Inca’s sites and also the colonial town. We’ll be back in Cusco at around 6pm.
Breakfast and lunch included.
Huchuy Qosqo and Sacred Valley 2 Days (Private)
- Transfer in private transport from your hotel to Chinchero (starting point of the trek)
- Private transport from Lamay to Maras Moray, Salt Mine and Cusco
- Personal tents: 2 people
- Dining tent with tables and chairs
- Professional bilingual guide (Spanish and English)
- Cook and cooking equipment and kitchen tent
- Porters or horses (Carrying the tents, food and cooking equipment)
- Entrance fee to Huchuy Qosqo
- First-aid kit including emergency oxygen bottle
- Entrance to Maras Moray, Salt Mine and Chinchero
- Breakfast at the first and dinner at the last day
- Sleeping bag
(1) From Chinchero to Lamay we are accompanied by porters or horsemen and mules that will carry all camping equipment.
(2) Tips for porters, cooks and guides are always welcome. The porters are also very grateful for a small donation, for example clothes or school equipment for their children.
What do I need to bring?
- Small backpack with rain shelter (30 or 40 litters is well enough).
- Clothing for warm and cold climate like a waterproof jacket.
- Trekking shoes.
- Slippers or sandals (for showers and hot springs).
- Woolen or synthetic socksand a sweater.
- Long- and short-sleeved polo’s/T-Shirts.
- Rainponcho and a hat.
- Bathing suit (for the hot springs in Aguas Calientes).
- Sunscreen, insect repellent, disinfecting alcohol and gel and toilet paper.
- Camera (wrapped in plastic bag), a flash light and batteries.
- Some snacks like chocolate bars and dry fruit.
- Original passport, original ISIC student card (In case you are student) and extra money in soles.
Conditions & Terms:
1) We require an immediate deposit of US $ 150 for all bookings
2) For all tours and treks the balance can be paid up to 48 hours prior to the start of the program. In case of paying the balance in the office of XTreme Tourbulencia we only accept cash payment. Failure to pay the trek balance will result in tour cancellation.
3) If a participant decides to cancel during the breefing 2 days prior to departure, he or she has to pay the full amount of the trek. XTreme Tourbulencia however, will cover the expenses (hotel and transport) made by that participant to visit Huchuy Qosqo. This offer of ours must be confirmed at the breefing itself.
5) The Huchuy Qosqo Trek is non-transferable, non-reimbursable and the participant cannot change the date of departure
6) If during the length of the program the traveler abandons the excursion as a decision made by him- or herself, no reimbursement will be made and no claim will be accepted. XTreme Tourbulencia does not cover the expenses made by the traveler for a hotel and the transport back to Cusco.
7) Certain Services might be interrupted or even cancelled due to weather conditions, natural disasters or other disturbances. These are out of the control of hotels, Service suppliers, XTreme Tourbulencia or its partners and therefore, no refund will be given.
8) For the student discount of 5% we require a copy of a valid ISIC student card. In the event that we don't receive the scanned copy of the card along with your reservation form, we will process your reservation with adult price.
9) If XTreme Tourbulencia doesn't confirm the reservation, the deposit will be refunded
10) In case of force majeur, when a trek cannot start or completed, XTreme Tourbulencia will find an alternative to go to Huchuy Qosqo. If this alternative is of lower value than the originally booked excursion, XTreme Tourbulencia will refund the difference.
11) It is compulsory that all clients have personal travel insurance. This insurance must cover personal accidents, medical expenses, loss of effects and all other expenses which might arise as a result of loss, damage or injury occurring to the client. XTreme Tourbulencia cannot be considered responsible for any accident or loss of personal belongings the customer caused by his/her acts
If you are interested in this tour or do you have any questions about it. Please Contact us ..... CLICK HERE.
Payments & Booking
* We will not be able to book and confirm your tour or trek without the following:
1. A deposit of $150 USD . Deposits are made through the PayPal link below.