Humantay Lake is a perfect combination of cultural and natural beauty. We will enjoy the challenge of the ecosystem and the magnificent view of the snow-capped Salkantay (6264m/20551f), which is considered as the most representative mountain of the mountain range of Vilcabamba. The trek takes us back to the time of the Incas and makes us aware of the spirits of mountains such as the Tucarhuay or the Humantay which peak is higher than 5000m (16404 feet).
Day 1: Cusco – Mollepata – Soraypampa – Humantay Lake – Cusco
We will leave Cusco at 5:30am and head towards Mollepata where we have breakfast (3000m/9843f) where we stop for a while thereafter we continue to our camping spot of Soraypampa (3900m/12795f). From here, we start hiking within a magnificent valley, surrounded by the most important snow-capped mountains such as the Humantay (5217m/17116f) and the Salkantay (6264m/20551f). Also this morning we discover the beautiful lake of Laguna de Humantay (3900m/12795ft) and if you are well in fitness the view frontal of Salkantay snow-covered from Salkantay pampa (4100m/13451). So in the way back to take our lunch in Mollepata before to back to Cusco
- Private transport from your hotel to Soraypampa and back to Cusco.
- Entrance fee to the National Park of Salkantay
- Professional bilingual guide (Spanish and English).
- Meals during the excursion (Breakfast, lunch or box lunch /Optional vegetarian)
- Cook and cooking staff (Available only for private service)
- First-aid kit and oxygen bottle.
- Emergency horse in private service.
What do I need to bring?
- Backpack with rain shelter.
- Clothing for warm and cold climate like a waterproof jacket.
- Rain pants and lightweight pants.
- Trekking shoes.
- Woollen or synthetic socks and a sweater.
- Long- and short-sleeved polo’s/T-Shirts.
- Rain poncho
- Sun and woolly hat.
- Sunscreen, insect repellent, disinfecting alcohol and gel, water bottle and sterilizing tablets, toiletries and toilet paper.
- Camera (wrapped in plastic bag).
- Some snacks like chocolate bars and dry fruit.
- Extra money in soles.
ALTITUDE SICKNESS: WHAT IS IT AND HOW CAN YOU AVOID IT?
You probably heard about it and you may wonder how to avoid the altitude sickness or what the best possible way is to prepare for the altitude sickness. Read More…
* We will not be able to book and confirm your tour or trek without the following:
1.- A deposit of $150 USD . Deposits are made through the PayPal link below.
2.- Send the money through WESTER UNION
(An easy and cheaper way to send the deposit) https://www.westernunion.com/pe/en/send-money.html Once you confirm your booking of trips, send the deposit through Western Union page or if you have any closer agency of this company , send us the money in US$ in name of :
|ID or DNI:||22976985|
|Address:||Calle Plateros N°364|
|Telephone number:||(+51) 984 610 644|
|Office of Western Union to be picked:||Maruri street N° 310|