Day 1: Cusco – Chinchero – Ollantaytambo – Malaga Pass – Waman Marka – Maranura
We will pick you up at your hotel in Cusco at 6.30am. We will leave the city aboard our private vehicle, between the hills that border Cusco, through Chinchero: a typical village, which has kept much of the Inca architecture, overlooking the Sacred Valley of the Incas, to Ollantaytambo. An Inca village that served as a fortress during the Inca uprising of Manco Capac against the Spaniards from 1535. From there, we will climb to the Abra Malaga (pass located at 4400 meters altitude) where we will arrive around 10am. This is the starting point of our adventure on mountain bike (except in case of bad weather, we will advance to the next starting point).
We will start the descent in the middle of the forest, to join the hot valleys of the Amazon Basin, crossing small typical villages, for a duration of 3 or 4 hours. On the way, we will stop for lunch. In addition, we will have the opportunity to observe the local flora and visit the archaeological site Wamanmarka (“the falcon site” in Quechua). We will arrive at Maranura (1110 m) where we will have dinner and spend the night at a family of the village (10 minutes from Santa Maria). The afternoon will be a moment of exchange with the family, who will teach you how to harvest coffee and cocoa, depending on the season. If you wish, you can also participate in optional activities.
- Optional this day: Rafting – Quad, we consult (extra charge)
- Note: If the weather does not allow, the bike part will be by car.
- Transport time: 4 hours
- Travel time: Walk – MTB 3 to 4 hours
- Climate: Cold and hot
- Altitude difference: Cusco (3400 m) – Chinchero (3762 m) – Ollantaytambo (2700 m) – Malaga Pass (4400 m) – Waman Marka (1890 m) – Maranura (1110 m)
Day 2: Maranura – Santa Teresa – Hydroelectric Station – Aguas Calientes
We will get up around 6:00 to enjoy the excellent local coffee and exotic fruit juices (depending on the season) as well as the full breakfast prepared by our host. We will then take a vehicle that will take us along the Vilcanota River to the village of Santa Teresa (1850m). If we have enough time we can visit the hot springs of Cocalmayo, all near the village of Santa Teresa. After relaxing in the warm waters, we will have lunch. We will then join the hydropower station by car, from where we will begin the walk towards Aguas Calientes (2005m) to spend the night in a hotel.
- Option, this day: Zipline, check us out (extra charge) – if we have time.
- Transport time: 3 hours
- Warm climate
- Altitude difference: Maranura (1110 m) – Santa Teresa (1850 m) – Hydroelectric station (1900 m) – Aguas Calientes (2005 m)
Day 3: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Cusco
We will leave our hotel very early after breakfast and will take the first tourist bus, at 5.30am, which goes up to Machu Picchu (half an hour climb), to enjoy an unforgettable view with the sunrise on the site. Our guide will make us visit and explain to us how was the life in the citadel, as well as the cults and ceremonies that the Incas performed in the many temples and sacred places present on the site. After 2 hours of guided tour, you can enjoy the magic of the Machu Picchu sanctuary at your own pace. Those who wish can climb the mountain Huayna Picchu and will be rewarded with an exceptional view of Machu Picchu seen from above (entry to Huayna Picchu must be booked in advance). Shuttles take us back from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes, from where we will take our train back to Ollantaytambo, then our bus to Cusco.
- Visiting time: from 6:00 am to 12:00m
- Transport time: 02 hours by train and 02 hours with the bus to get Cusco
- Altitude difference: Aguas Calientes (2005 m) – Machu Picchu (2400 m) – Cusco (3400 m)
- Information meeting in our offices with your guide 1 or 2 days before the start of the trek at 19h, to be confirmed when booking.
- Private transport from Cusco to the Col de Malaga
- Emergency transport during activities
- MTB with front suspension gloves and helmet.
- Entrance to the hot baths of Santa Teresa
- Meal during the excursion (2 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 2 dinners).
- 1 night at the premises, in Manarura
- 1 night inn, Santa Teresa (all basic services included)
- 1 night in a private room in a hotel in Aguas Calientes (Marco Wasi, Inka Tower or similar depending on availability)
- Entrance to the Sanctuary of Machu Picchu
- Bus from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu
- Bilingual Spanish-English professional guide (for a French-speaking guide, please contact us in advance! )
- Return train Aguas Claintes – Ollantaytambo
- Shuttle from Xtreme Tourbulencia from Ollantaytambo to your hotel in Cusco
- First day breakfast and last day lunch.
- Bus ride from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes (US $ 12.00). You can also do the descent on foot, about 1 hour of descent.
For optional activities, consult us for rates, and specify during the briefing with the guide to the agency. To count $ 20 of additional expenses by activities. The itinerary remains flexible according to the activities, the Day 1 and 2 can thus varied.
* We will not be able to book and confirm your tour or trek without the following:
1. A deposit of $150 USD . Deposits are made through the PayPal link below.