This version of the Inca Trail is a private service - not in a group - with more comfort and quality for a stay as you wish. You will do this hike in a short version with a private guide who will make you discover all the secrets and legends Incas.
The first day is a hike on the Inca trail, with Inca archaeological sites and the discovery of Peruvian flora and fauna. The second day will be dedicated to the sanctuary of Machu Picchu.
Altitude: 2050 - 2700 meters
High season: March - January
Duration: 2 days - 1 night
Difficulty level: Medium
Road: Closed in February
Day 1 : Cusco - Km 104 - Wiñayhuayna - Aguas Calientes
Day 2: Aguas Calientes - Sanctuary of Machu Picchu - Cusco.
Day 1: Cusco - Km 104 - Wiñayhuayna - Aguas Calientes
We will leave Cusco very early in the morning with a private vehicle. We will follow the Sacred Valley of the Incas and the course of the Vilcanota river until Ollantaytambo where we will take the train until Kilometer 104, departure of our trek. It will begin with a short walk to the archaeological site of Chachabamba (2270 meters), where agricultural products were gathered before their transportation to Machu Picchu. We will continue our walk, with beautiful views of the Urubamba River. We can observe different species of orchids. After one last turn, we will see the site of Wañayhuayna below (2700 meters), fabulous urban complex perched on a rocky outcrop, overlooking the Urubamba Valley and dominated by a vast set of terraces. After being restored, we will continue our walk and we will arrive at the Porte du Soleil in the afternoon. The view of Machu Picchu from this point, under the beautiful afternoon sun is fantastic. We will descend to the archaeological site of Machu Picchu (2400 meters), which we will only cross today. We will continue to the village of Aguas Calientes, at the foot of the Sanctuary of Machu Picchu, where we will settle in a nice hotel.
Option: Arrival in the city of Aguas Calientes, you can enjoy the hot water sources at 10 soles the entrance.
Walking time: 6 hours
Level of difficulty: medium
Altitude difference: Cusco (3400 m) - Km 104 (2250 m) - Wiñayhuayna (2700 m) - Aguas Calientes (2005 m)
Day 2: Aguas Calientes - Sanctuary of Machu Picchu - Cusco
We will leave our hotel very early after breakfast and will take the first bus, at 5:30, which goes up to Machu Picchu (half an hour climb), to enjoy an unforgettable view with the rising sun on the site. Our guide will make us visit and explain to us how was the life in the citadel, as well as the cults and ceremonies that the Incas performed in the many temples and sacred places present on the site. After 2 hours of guided tour, you can enjoy the magic of Machu Picchu Sanctuary, at your own pace. It is possible to climb to the Huaynapicchu mountain (to be reserved in advance!), Or the Machu Picchu mountain (to book also in advance). After enjoying this day at Machu Picchu, you will return to Aguas Calientes to take the train to Ollantaytambo. A private bus will be waiting for you to take you to your hotel in Cusco.
Climate: warm with mosquitoes
Walking time: 2 hours
Distance: 4 km
Difficulty level: easy
Altitude difference: Aguas Calientes (2005 m) - Machu Picchu (2400 m) - Cusco (3400 m)
Inca Trail LUXURY 2 days (private service)
- Information meeting in our agency with your guide 1 or 2 days before the start of the trek at 19h, to be confirmed when booking.
Private transfer from your hotel in Cusco to Ollantaytambo (train station)
Train, category Vistadome *, from Ollantaytambo to Km 104 (starting point of the trek)
Train, category Vistadome *, from Aguas Calientes to Poroy (Cusco train station)
Private transfer from Poroy to your hotel in Cusco
Tourist bus from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu
- Entrance to the Inca Trail and the Machu Picchu Sanctuary.
- Overnight at hotel in Aguas Calientes, Hotel El Mapi or Waman (or similar category, subject to availability)
- Bilingual Spanish-English professional guide (for a French-speaking guide, contact us in advance!)
- 1 pair of steps sticks per person
- Meal during the trek (1 breakfast, 1 lunch box, 1 lunch and 1 dinner - vegetarian option possible) - The lunch of the 2 nd day, will be planned in Machu Picchu, in a high-end restaurant.
- First aid kit and oxygen bottle
(*) If there is no more room for the direct route Aguas Calientes - Cusco (Poroy), we offer the train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo, then a private transport to your hotel in Cusco. This option does not apply to the Hiram Bingham luxury train.
Not included :
Dinner on the last day.
On demand :
The train is possible in category Train Hiram Bingham - is a luxury service of the Orient Express, operated by the company Peru Rail. All inclusive, you will live a journey full of unforgettable experiences. The Hiram Bingham wagons are distinguished by their blue and gold color, warm and cozy interior and elegant tapestries. The service includes 4 wagons, 2 restaurant wagons, as well as an observatory wagon with bar. Also included is brunch and dinner on board.
To take the train as early as possible to go, we advise you to spend the night in Urubamba or Ollantaytambo the old of the first day (not included). We can, of course, help you with the transfer of Cusco and the hotel reservation. In this way, you will enjoy the best quality service.
It is still possible to leave Cusco, but it will be necessary to get up very early (around 4 o'clock in the morning)
During the high season (May to August), it is difficult to ensure the exact date of departure desired - there may be only availability the day before or after. We will of course do our best to ensure the best service, but we must adhere to the daily people limits policy established on this tour.
(1) Visit to Huayna Picchu or Montaña: To climb the Huayna Picchu or Montaña, this requires a good time in advance. We take care of the reservation and guarantee your entrance for Huayna Picchu or Montaña. With of course an additional fee of $ 65.00, in addition to the entrance to Machu Picchu and the Inca Trail, according to the regulation of the Ministry of Culture. (This new law came into force on July 18, 2011).
(2) Additional Carrier: According to the Law (26702) of the Ministry of Employment, the cooperation of an additional Carrier is given under the conditions that the customer requires. However, the customer's luggage must not exceed 12 kilograms. The service costs USD 130 and includes transportation, entry to the Inca Trail, food and camping equipment.
(3) Gratuities: For porters (extra) and guides are always welcome. Carriers are also very grateful for a small donation, such as school clothes or materials for their children.
(4) Student Card : To be eligible for the $ 20.00 student discount, you must have a valid ISIC student card when booking - not just when you arrive in Cusco! The validity must correspond to the whole year in progress. When booking, we will need a copy of your card. The Ministry of Culture is strict when regulating student cards.
(5) CANCELLATION: For any last minute cancellation, the expenses already made by the agency will be at your expense.
What is needed to bring?
- Backpack with a rain poncho (30 or 40 liters will be sufficient)
- Sleeping bag
- Clothing for hot and cold weather
- Waterproof jacket, rain pants and lightweight pants
- Trekking shoes
- Flip flops or sandals (for showers and hot springs in Aguas Calientes)
- Wool or cotton socks
- T-shirts with short sleeves and languages
- Rain poncho and a hat
- Swimsuit and towel (for hot springs in Aguas Calientes)
- Solar cream
- Anti-mosquito cream
- Disinfectant gel
- Toilet paper
- Bottles of water and sterilization tablets
- Camera (wrapped in a plastic pouch)
- Flashlight and spare batteries
- Snacks like chocolate bars and dried fruits
- Original passport
- Original ISIC Student Card
- Extra money in soles