Inka Jungle Trail is an excellent combination between hiking and sports like mountain biking. This adventure tour, that takes 4 days guides us from the ancient of Cusco all the way to Machu Picchu. On the way you will pass different typical villages as well as archaeological sites of the Inca people. We start in a valley at more than 4000m above sea level before.
descending 4 hours on a mountain bike in the midst of a tropical forest. Also we will pass by beautiful mountains that offer splendid views. The next days we will walk into splendid views filled with mountains and tropical vegetation, passing by little picturesque villages where we will have the opportunity to harvest the local fruits like coca. Almost at the end of the trip, we could be lucky and have a magnificent view over the Inca Trail, used by the Inca in ancient times. At the very end, in the city of Aguas Calientes, we can enjoy the hot springs before leaving for Machu Picchu.
We will pick you up at your hotel in Cusco at about 6h30 with our private transport and we will take you further to the village of Chinchero. This typical village that still possesses a lot of Inca ruins, is one of the main places in the Sacred Valley of the Incas. From this village we will follow the Vilcanota river until we arrive in the village of Ollantaytambo. This village had an important fortress during the reign of Manco Capac, especially when the Spanish began to gain land in this region (1535). From Ollantaytambo, we will climb the pass of Abra Malaga, which is situated at a height of 4350 meters above sea level.
We will arrive this pass at around midday. On this pass, you will be given mountain bikes which you can use to make the descent on asphalted roads in the midst of the jungle (when the weather doesn’t allow it, we will perform this part of the trek by car). We ride our mountain bikes until the little community of Carrizales where we will enjoy our breakfast and a little rest. After our well-deserved rest, we continue to descent with our mountain bikes through attractive villages in the midst of the tropical forest, which will take us roughly 3 or 4 hours. On the way we will visit the archaeological site of Wamanmarka. After this we will offer you the time to enjoy the beautiful landscaper with its typical vegetation and marvelous fauna. Arrived at Santa Maria (1430m) we will have lunch and pass the night in the house of a local family in Maranura (about 10minutes from Santa Maria). In the afternoon there will be some exchange with the family concerning the harvesting of their coffee and coca, depending on the season. If you wish, you can also do a quadbike tour, discovering the landscape full of cascades, fauna and flora (on supplement, ask your agency for the price).
We will wake up at about 6h00 to taste the delicious local coffee and fruit juices (according to the season) as well as the succulent breakfast made by our cook (7h30). We will walk along the bank of the Vilcanota river and where the landscape becomes a bit more steep begins one of the ancient inca trails.
Here there are also abysses until 800 meters deep. We take our breakfast in the village of Qellomayo, 1 hours of trek further away. We will be able to see the local fauna from very close, in particular the hummingbird, parrots, eagles etc. We also have the chance to pick to local fruits such as oranges, mandarins, pacay (Andean fruit), mangos, cacao, coffee, etc. We continue along the bank of the river to arrive at the hot tubs of Cocalmayo, close to the village of Santa Teresa. After having enjoyed this hot springs we continue to Santa Teresa (1850m). Here we will have diner and rest.
In the morning we will have the opportunity the do zipline (on supplement, the reservation is to be done directly in your agency while booking the whole trek). This is a unique and an adventurous experience full of adrenaline passing by one side of the valley to the other at a cable. The ziplining begins at 7hours in the morning and takes until 10hours. At this time there will be a bus taking us to the Hidroelectrical station where we will have our breakfast.
We will continue our trek on the bank of the Urubamba river for about 3 hours until we arrive at Aguas Calientes, a little town at the feet of Machu Picchu. On our way to this town, we will visit the natural park of Mandor where we discover a variety of local flowers and when we are lucky, local bird life as well… In Aguas Calientes town we will have lunch and rest during the night. There will be also a chance to enjoy the hot tubs in Aguas Calientes (on supplement).
We will be leaving our hotel early in the morning after having had our breakfast and we will immediately take the bus to Machu Picchu at 5h30 which takes roughly half an hour. In the bus we will be amazed by the astonishing view of the sunset over Machu Picchu. Our guide will offer you a guided visit of about 2 hours and after this you will have time to visit Machu Picchu and maybe Wayna Picchu (optional, to be reserved in advance) at your own pace. When you have survived the though climb of this mountain you will be recompensed by the astonishing view over Machu Picchu.
Tourist busses will offer you the descent back to Aguas Calientes, from where we will take the train to Ollantaytambo, where our bus awaits you to continue to Cusco.
1) We require an immediate deposit of US $ 150 for all bookings
2) For all tours and treks the balance can be paid up to 48 hours prior to the start of the program. In case of paying the balance in the office of XTreme Tourbulencia we only accept cash payment. Failure to pay the trek balance will result in tour cancellation.
3) If a participant decides to cancel during the breefing 2 days prior to departure, he or she has to pay the full amount of the trek. XTreme Tourbulencia however, will cover the expenses (hotel and train ticket) made by that participant to visit Machu Picchu. This offer of ours must be confirmed at the breefing itself.
4) The Client may cancel the Package booking at any time provided that the cancellation is communicated to email@example.com in writing. Cancellation charges will be applied as shown below calculated from the day written notification is received by firstname.lastname@example.org. All reservations cancelled less than 15 days prior to the departure date of the tour are subject to a cancellation fee:
5) The Inka Jungle Trail is non-transferable, non-reimbursable and the participant cannot change the date of departure
6) If during the length of the program the traveler abandons the excursion as a decision made by him- or herself, no reimbursement will be made and no claim will be accepted. XTreme Tourbulencia does not cover the expenses made by the traveler for a hotel and the transport back to Cusco or to Aguas Calientes, as well as a hotel in Aguas Calientes. Also, the traveler will be accompanied by a co-worker of XTreme Tourbulencia back to the train station.
7) Certain Services might be interrupted or even cancelled due to weather conditions, natural disasters or other disturbances. These are out of the control of hotels, Service suppliers, XTreme Tourbulencia or its partners and therefore, no refund will be given.
8) For the student discount of $ 20 UDS we require a copy of a university student card with valid expiration date and picture on it. It is very important bring with you your original student card to valid the discount. In the event that we don't receive the scanned copy of the card along with your reservation form, we will process your reservation with adult price.
9) If XTreme Tourbulencia doesn't confirm the reservation, the deposit will be refunded
10) In case of force majeur, when a trek cannot start or completed, XTreme Tourbulencia will find an alternative to go to Machu Picchu. If this alternative is of lower value than the originally booked excursion, XTreme Tourbulencia will refund the difference.
11) It is compulsory that all clients have personal travel insurance. This insurance must cover personal accidents, medical expenses, loss of effects and all other expenses which might arise as a result of loss, damage or injury occurring to the client. XTreme Tourbulencia cannot be considered responsible for any accident or loss of personal belongings the customer caused by his/her acts.
* We will not be able to book and confirm your tour or trek without the following:
1. A deposit of $150 USD . Deposits are made through the PayPal link below.
https://www.westernunion.com/pe/en/send-money.html Once you confirm your booking of trips, send the deposit through Western Union page or if you have any closer agency of this company , send us the money in US$ in name of :
|ID or DNI:||22976985|
|Address:||Calle Plateros N°364|
|Telephone number:||(+51) 984 610 644|
|Office of Western Union to be picked:||Maruri street N° 310|