1st Day: Cusco – Cuncani – Yanacocha – Sondor
At about 6:00am, we’ll pick you up at your hotel for the 6-hour bus trip to the beginning of the trek. We’ll make a stop in the town of Calca to visit the local market, have breakfast and buy any supplies you may have forgotten. Your guide might suggest that you buy some extra bread to hand out to children that you encounter on the trek. The beautiful route goes to Cuncani village, which is the starting point of the Lares trek.
On the first day, we might see small herds of llamas, alpacas, guanacos and even the rarer vicunas, all of which belong to the famous Andean camelides. We can also see an example of a typical Andean communities at Cuncani.
After the first pass, we’ll arrive to Yanacocha and enjoy lunch near this beautiful lake.
After lunch, we’ll to the first campsite at Huacawasi (3600m/11811f). You’ll gradually ascend for 5 or 6 hours, which is a good warm-up for the next day when we reach the highest point of the trek. There you’ll be joined by the rest of the trekking team.This is the perfect opportunity to explore this little town better, as well as its Andean culture. Your tents will be ready and you’ll have a snack of popcorn, sweets and hot tea before dinner.
Transport time: 4 hours
Hiking time: 5-6 hours
Day Climate : Warm
Night Climate : Cold
The Art of Andean Textiles:
The local tradition of weaving textiles in the Andes dates back millennium. Numerous indigenous communities in the region, like the Huacawasi, have preserved their knowledge and techniques of weaving textiles in the ancient tradition. The weaving is done using a special weaving tool consisting of 2 bars with a weaving thread in between.
The local people take the wool from the llamas to make their traditional clothing. First, the wool is spun and then colored with natural ingredients such as plants and flowers. Every community’s weaving is unique, distinguished by different colors and designs, representing the daily activities of the local communities.
Day 2: Sondor – Huacawasi C’asa Pass – Aruray Cocha – Yurak Cocha – Mantanay – Pucara
After a nutritious breakfast, we’ll ascend towards the highest point of the trek, Huacawasi Pass at 4500m/14763f. This steep, uphill hike takes about 4 hours. An emergency horse will accompany us so that everyone will be able to reach the top. You’ll see enormous mountains, a patchwork of farms, and breathtaking views.
Be aware that we’ll be hiking to high altitudes, and the weather can be very cold. After reaching the summit of the pass, we’ll descend and pass beautiful lagoons, and stop to have lunch.
You can recuperate while our cooks prepare a delicious, hearty lunch. Next we’ll descend further through a forest where you see queuñas trees, typical of the Peruvian Andes, and other flora and fauna of this wonderful park. We’ll continue descending until we arrive to the second campsite at Pucara (3000m/9842f). There you’ll enjoy tea and snacks before dinner.
In the afternoon, we can observe local and migratory birds, including hummingbirds, in the cloud forest, as well as see some orchids and bromeliads.
Hiking time: 8 hours
Day Climate: Warm
Night Climate: Cold
Day 3: Pucara – Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes
Today will be another spectacular day as we continue walking to the Yanahuara Inca agricultural terraces, where Andean people still grow the famous corn with giant kernels of the Sacred Valley called “maiz parcay.”
From there we continue to Pachar, where we join the Inka trail to Ollantaytambo over the Inka terraces. On the way, we’ll see a small archeological site called Choccana. We’ll continue to Ollantaytambo, a town in the Sacred Valley famous for being mostly preserved from the time of the Incas and lunch.
We’ll take the train at 13:00pm to Aguas Calientes, and in the afternoon, you’ll have time to visit the natural springs in Aguas Calientes to relax and spend the night in a hotel.
Hiking time: 4 – 5 hours
4th Day: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Cusco
We’ll leave our hotel after breakfast at 5:30 am. and head for Machu Picchu (2400m/7874f) by tourist bus. We arrive at the citadel around 6:00 am.
You’ll have a guided tour of the archaeological site, including information about the daily life and culture of the Incas. After the tour, you’ll have time to explore Machu Picchu on your own, and hike Wayna Picchu (2750m/9022f) if you have an advanced reservation.
We’ll leave Aguas Calientes by train either at 14:55pm or 18:10pm. Until then, you can have lunch at one of the many restaurants in Aguas Calientes relax a bit.
- Transport from the hotel to the Lares Valley.
- Tourist train from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes.
- Bus from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu.
- Tourist train from Aguas Calientes to Cusco or from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo and bus to Cusco.
- Entrance to the Machu Picchu Sanctuary.
- Hotel with private room and bathroom in Aguas Calientes.
- Professional bilingual guide (Spanish and English).
- High-quality camping equipment (professional tents Doite, Cima 4, extra light/4.5kgs for 2 persons. Camping mattresses, eating tent with table and chairs, bathroom tent).
- Meals during the trek (breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks. Vegetarian option available on request.
- Cook and kitchen.
- Horseman and mules for all camping and personal items (up to 7kg/15lbs per person).
- Emergency horse (for 2 persons).
- First-aid kit and oxygen bottle.
- Cold, boiled water during the entire trek.
TOUR NO INCLUDE
- Breakfast on the first day and the last lunch in Aguas Calientes
- Sleeping bag (If you don`t have a sleeping bag, you can rent a warm bag for $6.00 per day)
- Bus going downhill from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes for $12.00USD, you can walk down, which takes about 1 hour.
Optional: Climbing Wayna Picchu
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING?
- Backpack with rain cover (30- or 40-liter capacity is sufficient).
- Clothing for both warm and cold climates.
- Trekking shoes/boots.
- Slippers or sandals (for showers and hot springs).
- Woolen/synthetic socks and a sweater.
- Long- and short-sleeved T-shirts.
- Rain poncho/waterproof jacket & pants and a hat.
- Bathing suit (for the hot springs in Aguas Calientes).
- Sunscreen, insect repellent, toilet paper, hand cleaner/disinfecting alcohol gel, personal toiletries.
- Camera (with rain protection), a flash light/headlamp and extra batteries.
- Snacks (e.g. chocolate bars and dried fruit)
- Original passport, original ISIC student card (to receive the student discount) and extra money in soles.
- The climate can be very cold and wet, so your wet clothes won’t have enough time to dry. Take extra clothes.
During the high season (May to August), it is difficult to ensure the exact date of departure desired – there may be only availability the day before or after. We will of course do our best to ensure the best service, but we must adhere to the daily people limits policy established on this tour.
- Climbing Wayna Picchu requires booking months in advance. We charge an additional $20.00USD and we’ll guarantee your entrance for Wayna Picchu.
- Tips for the horseman, cooks and guides are always welcome. The horseman are also very grateful for a small donation of clothes or school supplies for their children.
IMPORTANT TERMS & CONDITIONS
- We require an immediate deposit of $150.00USD for all bookings.
- For all tours and treks, the balance must be paid in full up to 48 hours prior to the start of the program. If you want to pay the balance in the office of XTreme Tourbulencia, we only accept cash payment. Failure to pay the trek balance will result in tour cancellation.
- If you decide to cancel during the briefing 2 days prior to departure, you must pay the full amount of the trek. XTreme Tourbulencia, however, will cover the expenses for the hotel and train ticket to visit Machu Picchu. This offer must be confirmed in writing at the briefing.
- You may cancel the booking at any time provided that the cancellation is communicated to email@example.com in writing. Cancellation charges will be applied as shown below calculated from the day written notification is received by firstname.lastname@example.org. All reservations cancelled less than 15 days prior to the departure date of the tour are subject to a cancellation fee
- The Lares Trek is non-transferable, non-reimbursable and the participant cannot change the date of departure.
- If the traveler makes the decision to abandon the excursion during the program, no reimbursement will be made and no claim will be accepted. XTreme Tourbulencia does not cover the expenses made by the traveler for the hotel and the transport back to Cusco or to Aguas Calientes, as well as a hotel in Aguas Calientes. Also, the traveler will be accompanied by a representative of XTreme Tourbulencia back to the train station.
- Certain services might be interrupted or even cancelled due to weather conditions, natural disasters or other disturbances. These are out of the control of hotels, service suppliers, XTreme Tourbulencia or its partners and therefore, no refund will be given.
- To receive the student discount of $20.00USD, we require a copy of a university student card with valid expiration date and picture. It is very important to bring your original student card to validate the discount. In the event that we don’t receive the scanned copy of the student card along with your reservation form, we will process your reservation at the full, adult price.
- If XTreme Tourbulencia doesn’t confirm the reservation, the deposit will be refunded.
- In the case of force majeur, when a trek cannot start or be completed, XTreme Tourbulencia will find an alternative route to go to Machu Picchu. If this alternative is of lower value than the originally booked excursion, XTreme Tourbulencia will refund the difference.
- It is compulsory that all clients have personal travel insurance. This insurance must cover personal accidents, medical expenses, loss of effects and all other expenses which might arise as a result of loss, damage or injury occurring to the client. XTreme Tourbulencia cannot be considered responsible for any accident or loss of personal belongings the customer caused by his/her own actions.
|Period before departure written notification is received.||Cancellation fee as a percentage of the holiday price|
|6 days or less.||100%|
* We will not be able to book and confirm your tour or trek without the following:
1.- A deposit of $150 USD . Deposits are made through the PayPal link below.
2.- Send the money through WESTER UNION
(An easy and cheaper way to send the deposit) https://www.westernunion.com/pe/en/send-money.html Once you confirm your booking of trips, send the deposit through Western Union page or if you have any closer agency of this company , send us the money in US$ in name of :
|ID or DNI:||22976985|
|Address:||Calle Plateros N°364|
|Telephone number:||(+51) 984 610 644|
|Office of Western Union to be picked:||Maruri street N° 310|