This trek of Lares, in 5 days, is a private and more authentic service. You will have llamas all along the way that will carry your personal belongings and the necessary equipment for the trek. You will have the opportunity to meet locals in the village of Huacawasi, and share a unique moment where they will share their culture, their expertise on looms and their folk cuisine .... Finally throughout the valley of Lares you enjoy the diversity of landscapes: snowy mountains, lakes, farm terraces, waterfalls and many more to discover!
We will pick you up at your hotel at 6:00 am, we will take the road for approximately 2 hours until Huaran (2900 m). It is a small village, in the Sacred Valley, which will be our starting point of our trek. We will join at this time the rest of the team including the llamas! We will start our magnificent trek through this fascinating valley, following the tranquil route of the high hills along the Cancha Cancha River. It will take us 5 hours to reach the picturesque village of Cancha Cancha where we will set up our first camp.
After breakfast, we will start the climb to the Pachacuteq Pass (4458 m), the highest point of the trek. From up there you will be treated to a spectacular view of the snowy peaks, Pitusiray, Lac Pachacuteq and all around the Valley. After the Pass, we will continue walking down, this time, to the next valley to arrive at the village of Quishuarani (3700 m) where we will spend the night. Along the way, the landscapes will be breathtaking - with frozen lakes, waterfalls, and snow-capped peaks. This region is also rich in bird species and it is possible to see the Andean ibises, Andean geese and flamingos among others..
We will have breakfast and leave for an ascent of about 3 hours to reach the Huillquijasa Pass (4200 m), the second highest point of the trek. The view is impressive and worth it! After that, we will descend to the village of Cuncani (3860 m) through beautiful turquoise lakes along the way.
We will continue to cross several lands and we will meet Andean local families, where agriculture and textile expertise inspired by Andean gods and symbols is very famous in this region. Once the Qasa Cruz Pass (4100 m) past we will go to the community of Huacahuasi (3800 m). With this community you will have the opportunity to share a unique and authentic moment by learning more about their culture, customs, traditions and their daily lives. We will set up the camp near the community where you can explore the surroundings if the desire and time allow you.
Another beautiful day, thanks to the different biodiversity that we will meet, for example to the Ipsaycocha Pass (4350 m) which will take us 4 hours to reach. To join it, we will pass by several communities, where we will be able to observe the Andean farmers and their experience in the culture of the land and their rustic and authentically Andean house. Farmers have a great deal of knowledge about nature and old farming habits, as well as expertise on old textile methods filled with colors inspired by Andean gods and symbols.
After this pass, we will go to the village of Patacancha (3750 m), where our bus will be waiting to take us to the Inca town of Ollantaytambo (2700 m). From there you will experience the incredible train experience to Aguas Calientes with an outstanding panoramic view. The night will be in a hotel, comfortable, in the city of Aguas Calientes.
We will leave the hotel, after breakfast, at 5:30 to go to Machu Picchu (2400 m) with a tourist bus. We will arrive at the citadel around 6:00 am. After a guided tour around the archaeological site, about the life and culture of the Incas, you will have enough free time to explore Machu Picchu and Wayna Picchu (2750 m) at your own pace. We will leave Aguas Calientes by train. In the meantime you will have time to have a lunch at Machu Picchu in the Sanctuary Lodge restaurant (optional) and enjoy the hot baths of the city of Aguas Calientes to relax and give you a 5-day walk.
Optionional: Lunch at Machu Picchu (Restaurant Sanctuary Lodge)
(*) If there is no more room for the direct route Aguas Calientes - Cusco (Poroy), we offer the train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo, then a private transport to your hotel in Cusco. This option does not apply to the Hiram Bingham luxury train.
A trip of solidarity: Xtreme Tourbulencia suggests you to bring some pens, notebooks or other school supplies to offer to the children of the school of Huacawasi, the inhabitants of the village will be very grateful to you. You can also buy bread en route to share with locals you meet.
(1) Visit to Huayna Picchu or Montaña: To climb the Huayna Picchu or Montaña, this requires a good time in advance. We take care of the reservation and guarantee your entrance for Huayna Picchu or Montaña. With of course an additional fee of $ 65.00, in addition to the entrance to Machu Picchu and the Inca Trail, according to the regulation of the Ministry of Culture. (This new law came into force on July 18, 2011).
(2) Gratuities: for porters, cooks and guides are always welcome. Carriers are also very grateful for a small donation, such as school clothes or materials for their children.
(3) Student Card : To be eligible for the $ 20.00 student discount, you must have an ISIC student card valid at the time of booking - not just when you arrive in Cusco! The validity must correspond to the whole year in progress. When booking, we will need a copy of your card. The Ministry of Culture is strict when regulating student cards.
(4) CANCELLATION: For any last minute cancellation, the expenses already made by the agency will be at your expense.
|Period before departure written notification is received.||Cancellation fee as a percentage of the holiday price|
|6 days or less.||100%|
5) The Salkantay Trek is non-transferable, non-reimbursable and the participant cannot change the date of departure
6) If during the length of the program the traveler abandons the excursion as a decision made by him- or herself, no reimbursement will be made and no claim will be accepted. XTreme Tourbulencia does not cover the expenses made by the traveler for a hotel and the transport back to Cusco or to Aguas Calientes, as well as a hotel in Aguas Calientes. Also, the traveler will be accompanied by a co-worker of XTreme Tourbulencia back to the train station.
7) Certain Services might be interrupted or even cancelled due to weather conditions, natural disasters or other disturbances. These are out of the control of hotels, Service suppliers, XTreme Tourbulencia or its partners and therefore, no refund will be given.
8) For the student discount of $ 20 UDS we require a copy of a university student card with valid expiration date and picture on it. It is very important bring with you your original student card to valid the discount. In the event that we don't receive the scanned copy of the card along with your reservation form, we will process your reservation with adult price.
9) If XTreme Tourbulencia doesn't confirm the reservation, the deposit will be refunded
10) In case of force majeur, when a trek cannot start or completed, XTreme Tourbulencia will find an alternative to go to Machu Picchu. If this alternative is of lower value than the originally booked excursion, XTreme Tourbulencia will refund the difference.
11) It is compulsory that all clients have personal travel insurance. This insurance must cover personal accidents, medical expenses, loss of effects and all other expenses which might arise as a result of loss, damage or injury occurring to the client. XTreme Tourbulencia cannot be considered responsible for any accident or loss of personal belongings the customer caused by his/her acts
If you are interested in this tour or do you have any questions about it. Please Contact us ....
* We will not be able to book and confirm your tour or trek without the following:
1. A deposit of $150 USD . Deposits are made through the PayPal link below.
https://www.westernunion.com/pe/en/send-money.html Once you confirm your booking of trips, send the deposit through Western Union page or if you have any closer agency of this company , send us the money in US$ in name of :
|ID or DNI:||22976985|
|Address:||Calle Plateros N°364|
|Telephone number:||(+51) 984 610 644|
|Office of Western Union to be picked:||Maruri street N° 310|