The Lares valley trek offers a combination of stunning scenery, traditional cultures, and Machu Picchu on the 4th Day. The trek will take you through stunning Mountain scenery, over high passes, and you will spend two nights near traditional Peruvian Villages. The fourth day you will see the treasures of Machu Picchu with your experienced guide.
At approximately 6am we will pick you up at your hotel to set course to the village of Lares where we take a beautiful route to go to Cuncani village where will be Our starting point of the Lares trek we can his journey we will make a stop in the village of Calca, where you will be able to visit the local market and buy breakfast or other supplies you forgot. Your guide might advise you to buy some bread to hand out to the children you will meet during the trek.
In our first day we are going to appreciate de llamas, alpacas, vigognes and Guanacos all the famous Andean camelides, also we can appreciate de typical Andean communities as Cuncani.
After the first pass we are going to arrive to Yanacocha we have our lunch around this beautiful lake after lunch we will start our hike towards the first campsite in Huacawasi (3600m/11811f). During 5 or 6 hours you will walk gradually uphill so that you get a good training for the next day when we will reach the highest point of the trek. The first night we will spend the night in our campsites where our horsemen who are joining us on the trip. This is the perfect opportunity to know this little town a little better, as well as its Andean culture. At arrival your tents will be ready and you will receive popcorn, sweets and some hot thee before having dinner.
The local tradition of weaving textiles in the Andes dates from ages ago. Numerous indigenous communities in the region, like the Huacawasi have preserved their knowledge and techniques of weaving textiles, as well as their ancient fashion. The weaving is done in a traditional way, using a weaving tool, consisting in 2 bars with a a weaving thread in between. The local people take the wool from the lama’s to make their traditional cloting with. The woolfirst is first spun and then colored with natural materials such as flowers. Every community is distinguished by its proper colors and drawings, representing the daily activities of the local communities.
After a nutritious breakfast we will start hiking towards the highest point, the pass of Huacawasi at 4500m or 14763 feet. The hike will take about 4 hours and will be very steep uphill. Of course an emergency horse will accompany us so that everyone will certainly be able to reach the top. During this trek you will be able to enjoy enormous mountains, a patchwork of agricultural lands and breathtaking views.
Be aware that we will reach great heights and the weather can be very cold. After reaching the highest point we will descend and pass beautiful lagoons and we’ll stop for having lunch. You will be able to recuperate while our cooks prepare a delicious lunch for you. Next we will descend further through a forest where you will be able to enjoy the “Queuñas” (Polylepis – a typical three from Peru), flora and fauna of this wonderful park. Thereafter we will continue descending until we got our camping spot at Pucara (3000m/9842f), a private camping place where you will have tea time and some snacks upon arrival before having dinner.
Today will be another spectacular day we take the channel to continue walking to the Yanahuara Inka terraces where we can see the agriculture places where the Andean people still work in the famous corn of giant grains of the sacred valley called MAIZ PARCAY.
from there we continue to Pachar where we are going to take the Inka trail to Ollantaytambo over the Inka terraces but in the way we are going to see one small archeological site call it Choccana to our lunch in from of the Ollantaytambo Inka town , where we visit the town. Before to take our train at 13:00 to Machupicchu town in the afternoon you will have time to visit the hot springs in Aguas Calientes to relax.
We will leave our hotel after breakfast at 5:30 am. and head for Machu Picchu (2400m/7874f) by tourist bus. We will arrive at the citadel around 6:00 am. After a guided tour around the archaeological site, including information about life and culture of the Incas, you will have enough time to enjoy Machu Picchu and Wayna Picchu (2750m/9022f) on your own. We will leave Aguas Calientes by train either at 2:55 pm or at 6:10 pm. Until then, you will have time to have lunch in one of the nice restaurants. Moreover, you can visit the hot springs in Aguas Calientes to relax a bit.
Optionional: Huaynapicchu entrance.
(1) Visit to Huayna Picchu: For Huayna Picchu mountain requires to be booked long time in advance however we charge additional US $ 20.00 and then we’ll guarantee your entrance for Huayna Picchu as well (This new State law began since the 18th of February, 2018).
(2) Tips for Horseman, cooks and guides are always welcome. The Horseman are also very grateful for a small donation, for example clothes or school equipment for their children.
1) We require an immediate deposit of US $ 150 for all bookings
2) For all tours and treks the balance can be paid up to 48 hours prior to the start of the program. In case of paying the balance in the office of XTreme Tourbulencia we only accept cash payment. Failure to pay the trek balance will result in tour cancellation.
3) If a participant decides to cancel during the breefing 2 days prior to departure, he or she has to pay the full amount of the trek. XTreme Tourbulencia however, will cover the expenses (hotel and train ticke
t) made by that participant to visit Machu Picchu. This offer of ours must be confirmed at the breefing itself.
4) The Client may cancel the Package booking at any time provided that the cancellation is communicated to firstname.lastname@example.org in writing. Cancellation charges will be applied as shown below calculated from the day written notification is received by email@example.com. All reservations cancelled less than 15 days prior to the departure date of the tour are subject to a cancellation fee:
|Period before departure written notification is received.||Cancellation fee as a percentage of the holiday price|
|6 days or less.||100%|
5) The Salkantay Trek is non-transferable, non-reimbursable and the participant cannot change the date of departure
6) If during the length of the program the traveler abandons the excursion as a decision made by him- or herself, no reimbursement will be made and no claim will be accepted. XTreme Tourbulencia does not cover the expenses made by the traveler for a hotel and the transport back to Cusco or to Aguas Calientes, as well as a hotel in Aguas Calientes. Also, the traveler will be accompanied by a co-worker of XTreme Tourbulencia back to the train station.
7) Certain Services might be interrupted or even cancelled due to weather conditions, natural disasters or other disturbances. These are out of the control of hotels, Service suppliers, XTreme Tourbulencia or its partners and therefore, no refund will be given.
8) For the student discount of $ 20 UDS we require a copy of a university student card with valid expiration date and picture on it. It is very important bring with you your original student card to valid the discount. In the event that we don't receive the scanned copy of the card along with your reservation form, we will process your reservation with adult price.
9) If XTreme Tourbulencia doesn't confirm the reservation, the deposit will be refunded
10) In case of force majeur, when a trek cannot start or completed, XTreme Tourbulencia will find an alternative to go to Machu Picchu. If this alternative is of lower value than the originally booked excursion, XTreme Tourbulencia will refund the difference.
11) It is compulsory that all clients have personal travel insurance. This insurance must cover personal accidents, medical expenses, loss of effects and all other expenses which might arise as a result of loss, damage or injury occurring to the client. XTreme Tourbulencia cannot be considered responsible for any accident or loss of personal belongings the customer caused by his/her acts
If you are interested in this tour or do you have any questions about it. Please Contact us ....
*you can contact us hereContact Us
* We will not be able to book and confirm your tour or trek without the following:
1. A deposit of $150 USD . Deposits are made through the PayPal link below.