Day 1: Sacred Valley – Aguas Calientes town
Our tour will start at 8hr, when we pick you up from your hotel and lead you by private transportation to the market of Pisac, the first stop on this trek (40 minutes’ drive). Here you will find a large amount of original artisan work such as pottery, textile, paintings and a lot more. After this visit, we will walk up to the archeological center of Pisaq, which we will visit for about an hour: to know about these impressive archeological remains.
We will continue our tour through the Sacred Valley going to the typical village of Urubamba (40 minutes’ drive) where we will enjoy a delicious typical lunch. After this, we will continue our journey to the archeological center of Ollantaytambo (30 minutes’ drive) where have been built some of the Inca’s most impressive constructions.
Thereafter we will take a train to Aguas Calientes town (2 hrs in train), where we will spent the night in hotel, and it is optional, but you can enjoy in the pools of the hot mineral spring on your own.
Note: usually you take a train (from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes town) at 19hr, therefore we will it reconfirm once we will meet in our office a day before.
Day 2: Aguas Calientes town – Machu Picchu – Cusco
In the morning at 5:30am, we will take the earliest bus shuttle up to the sanctuary of Machu Picchu, having an unforgettable moment seeing the sunrise above the great citadel of Machu Picchu (2400m/7874f). We will arrive at the citadel around 6:00 am. After a guided tour around the archeological site, including information about life and culture of the Incas, you will have enough time to enjoy Machu Picchu and Wayna Picchu (2750m/9022f) on your own.
After visiting Wayna Picchu and all others, you will take a bus shuttle down to Aguas Calientes town, where your train will return at about 18hr (from Aguas Calientes town to Ollantaytambo) and thereafter a transfer will be waiting for you to continue by bus to Cusco.
After the guided tour in Machu Picchu, you will have enough time to get into the mystic energy and peace of the sanctuary. There is also the possibility to ascent the mythical mountain Wayna Picchu, a place where you will have the best view over Machu Picchu, and also you could head for tropical scenery leading through the Inca Trail network towards the temple of the moon, a sacred place with the function of cult of the moon, an important goddess during the Inca dynasty.
- Collective tourist bus for the Sacred Valley of the Incas: guided visit to Pisaq and Ollantaytambo Inca sites
- Bus tickets, from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu and back to Aguas Calientes
- Train tickets round trip from Ollantaymabo to Aguas Calientes
- Collective tourist bus from Ollantaytambo to Cusco
- Entrance fee to Machu Picchu
- Professional bilingual guide in Spanish or English
- Meals during the excursion (1 breakfast, 1 lunch and 1 dinner)
- Hotel in the village of Aguas Calientes
- Entrance to Pisaq and Ollantaytanbo archeological sites
- Entrance to the thermal baths in Aguas Calientes.
What do I need to bring?
- A day backpack
- Clothing for warm and cold climate like a jacket
- Running shoes
- Slippers or sandals (for showers and hot springs)
- A hat
- Bathing suit (for the hot springs in Aguas Calientes)
- Insect repellent
- Disinfecting alcohol and gel
- Water bottle
* We will not be able to book and confirm your tour or trek without the following:
1. A deposit of $150 USD . Deposits are made through the PayPal link below.