The Salkantay (6264m/20551f) is the most representative mountain of the Inca, situated in the mountain range of Vilcabamba. The daylight in this region is particularly beautiful and offers a wonderful view of the diverse landscape and the tropical forest. During our journey, we will also visit local farmers to get to know their Andean life, customs and traditions. Therefore, this trek perfectly combines cultural and natural beauty.
*A minimum of 2 persons is needed for this trek
We will leave Cusco at 5:45 am. After having passed the town Mollepata (3000m/9843f), we will head for Cruz Pata (3400m/11155f), where we will meet the rest of the group. From Cruz Pata we start hiking into a magnificent valley surrounded by impressive snow-capped mountains, such as the Humantay (5217m/17116f) and the Salkantay (6264m/20551f). Our campsite will be at Salkantay pampa (3900m/12795f).
After breakfast, we will continue our journey around midmorning and head for the highest mountain pass in the park of Machu Picchu: the Salkantay pass (5200m/17060f). From there, we will have an exceptional view of the snow-capped Salkantay (6264m/20551). Thereafter, we will descend to the next camping place, called Sisay pampa (3700m/12139f).
At dawn our trek leads us to the Secret Valley of the Incas. We will pass little creeks and visit several small archeological sites. Our last station for this day will be Wayllabamba (3000m/9843f), both our camping site and the starting point for the Classic Inca Trail on the next morning.
To enjoy the beautiful panorama and the cosy and mystical atmosphere, our day starts early in the morning. Our trek takes us to the valleys of Yuncachimpa (3300m/10827f) and Lulluchapampa (3850/12631f) and finally leads us to the Warmiwañusca pass (4200m/13780f), which offers an impressive view of the snow-capped Verónica. After a short moment at the summit, we will continue walking down to our camping place named Pacaymayu (3500m/11483f).
We begin with energy, after a delicious breakfast. This day is coming as the prettiest of the trek. The fir st place we are going to arrive is the archeological site of Runkurakay (3050 meters). Perched on a rocky outcrop, this site was supposed to be a Tambo.
We continue the rise to a pass, at an altitude of 3950 meters, before coming down to the ruins of Sayacmarca (3600 m), a small city composed of a maze of narrow streets, plots, houses, terraces, fountains, etc.
The path continues quietly amount, and we go by an Inca tunnel and then walk throughout a forest, before reaching the last pass, at an altitude of 3700 meters.
Below, the ruin of Phuyupatamarca: "City above the clouds", Inca relay, impresses by its circular walls and his ingenious system of aqueducts that still supplies the baths.
We enjoy a superb view on the snowcapped peaks and the Urubamba Valley. The descent of the other side is done under a thick canopy of bamboo.
On the merits, appear the extraordinary ruins of Wiñay Wayna (2650m) on a rocky spur at the heart of the forest and overlooking t he Urubamba Valley. Dominated by a vast array of Inca terraces, the urban complex is separated in two by a grand staircase leading to a ceremonial area.
This is where we will spend our last night in tents.
After our breakfast around 5:00 am, we will head - equipped with our flashlights - to the Sun Gate (Inti Punku) to watch the sun rise over Machu Picchu and Wayna Picchu. Around 8:00 am we will visit the citadel of Machu Picchu (2400m//7874f) and enjoy its spiritual charm during a guided tour of about two hours. Thereafter, you will have enough time to explore the archeological site on your own. We will leave Aguas Calientes in the afternoon.
Note: From the first to the third day (from Cruz Pata to Wayllabamba) we are accompanied by horsemen and mules that will carry all camping equipment and the personal luggage of the customer (up to 10 kg). From the fourth to the sixth day (from Wayllabamba to Aguas Calientes) all equipment including the customer’s personal luggage will be carried by porters.
Important: The combination of the Salkantay trek and the classic Inca trail is important to book far in advance, especially for the months May, June, July, August and September. This is due to the limit of 500 people permitted per day to start the Inca Trail, including guides, cooks and porters.
(1) Visit to Huayna Picchu: For Huayna Picchu mountain requires to be booked long time in advance however we charge additional $ 65.00 and then we’ll guarantee your entrance for Huayna Picchu as well (This new State law began since the 18th of July, 2011).
(2) Tips for porters, cooks and guides are always welcome. The porters are also very grateful for a small donation, for example clothes or school equipment for their children.
1) We require an immediate deposit of US $ 150 for all bookings
2) For all tours and treks the balance can be paid up to 48 hours prior to the start of the program. In case of paying the balance in the office of XTreme Tourbulencia we only accept cash payment. Failure to pay the trek balance will result in tour cancellation.
3) If a participant decides to cancel during the breefing 2 days prior to departure, he or she has to pay the full amount of the trek. XTreme Tourbulencia however, will cover the expenses (hotel and train ticke
t) made by that participant to visit Machu Picchu. This offer of ours must be confirmed at the breefing itself.
4) The Client may cancel the Package booking at any time provided that the cancellation is communicated to firstname.lastname@example.org in writing. Cancellation charges will be applied as shown below calculated from the day written notification is received by email@example.com. All reservations cancelled less than 15 days prior to the departure date of the tour are subject to a cancellation fee:
|Period before departure written notification is received.||Cancellation fee as a percentage of the holiday price|
|6 days or less.||100%|
5) The Salkantay Trek is non-transferable, non-reimbursable and the participant cannot change the date of departure
6) If during the length of the program the traveler abandons the excursion as a decision made by him- or herself, no reimbursement will be made and no claim will be accepted. XTreme Tourbulencia does not cover the expenses made by the traveler for a hotel and the transport back to Cusco or to Aguas Calientes, as well as a hotel in Aguas Calientes. Also, the traveler will be accompanied by a co-worker of XTreme Tourbulencia back to the train station.
7) Certain Services might be interrupted or even cancelled due to weather conditions, natural disasters or other disturbances. These are out of the control of hotels, Service suppliers, XTreme Tourbulencia or its partners and therefore, no refund will be given.
8) For the student discount of $ 20 UDS we require a copy of a university student card with valid expiration date and picture on it. It is very important bring with you your original student card to valid the discount. In the event that we don't receive the scanned copy of the card along with your reservation form, we will process your reservation with adult price.
9) If XTreme Tourbulencia doesn't confirm the reservation, the deposit will be refunded
10) In case of force majeur, when a trek cannot start or completed, XTreme Tourbulencia will find an alternative to go to Machu Picchu. If this alternative is of lower value than the originally booked excursion, XTreme Tourbulencia will refund the difference.
11) It is compulsory that all clients have personal travel insurance. This insurance must cover personal accidents, medical expenses, loss of effects and all other expenses which might arise as a result of loss, damage or injury occurring to the client. XTreme Tourbulencia cannot be considered responsible for any accident or loss of personal belongings the customer caused by his/her acts
If you are interested in this tour or do you have any questions about it. Please Contact us ....
* We will not be able to book and confirm your tour or trek without the following:
1. A deposit of $150 USD . Deposits are made through the PayPal link below.
https://www.westernunion.com/pe/en/send-money.html Once you confirm your booking of trips, send the deposit through Western Union page or if you have any closer agency of this company , send us the money in US$ in name of :
|ID or DNI:||22976985|
|Address:||Calle Plateros N°364|
|Telephone number:||(+51) 984 610 644|
|Office of Western Union to be picked:||Maruri street N° 310|