Salkantay Trek to Machu Picchu is perfectly combines cultural and natural beauty; we will enjoy the challenge of the ecosystem and the magnificent view of the snow-capped Salkantay (6264m/20551f), considered as the most representative mountain of the mountain range of Vilcabamba. The trek takes us back to the time of the Incas and makes us aware
of the spirits of mountains such as the Tucarhuay or the Humantay which peak higher than 5000 meters (16404 feet).
We will leave Cusco at 5:00am and head towards Marcoccasa (3400m/11154f), passing the village Mollepata (3000m/9843f). In Marcoccasa we will meet the horsemen and the rest of the group and start our trek. We start hiking within a magnificent valley, surrounded by the most important snow-capped mountains such as the Humantay (5217m/17116f) and the Salkantay (6264m/20551f). Our campsite will be at Soraypampa (3900m/12795f).
Optional: After having lunch in Soraypampa, we strongly recommend hiking to Laguna de Humantay where you are able to discover the beautiful view of Humantay Lake and Humantay snow-covered.
Hiking time from Soraypampa (3900m/12795ft) to Humantay lake (4220m/13845ft). Hiking Time 2 hours.
After breakfast we will set off towards the Salkantay Pass (4600m/15092f) which offers an exceptional view of the Salkantay snow-capped (6264m). Thereafter we will descend again and will have time to enjoy the increasing vegetation of the ecosystem. Our campsite will be in Rayanpata (3350m/10990ft), amidst the tropical forest.
The third day is dedicated to the region’s flora and its plantations. After descending to a dimmed forest and enjoying the diversity of species of orchids, bromeliads and many other plants, we will see coffee-, cacao- and fruit-plantations. Moreover, we will have the pleasure to meet local families of Chaullay (2950m/9678ft) Wiñaypoco (2650m/8694f), La Playa (2100m/6890f) and Lucmabamba (2000m/6561ft). Our campsite will be in Lucmabamba.
This afternoon you stay in contact with a local rural family from the forest in which you will have the opportunity to witness the cultivation and processing of coffee. Depending on the variety, it takes approximately 3 to 4 years for newly planted coffee trees to begin to bear fruit.
The fruit, called the coffee cherry, turns a bright, deep red when it is ripe and ready to be harvested. Due to the botanical characteristics of the coffee tree and the fact that coffee is often grown in mountainous areas, widespread use of mechanical harvesters is not possible and the ripe coffee cherries are usually picked by hand, a labour-intensive and difficult process. We will show and explain to you the complete process from the tree to the cup of coffee. You will also have the opportunity to ask the locals your own questions about the process of cultivation.
Optional: After arduous hiking days we suggest to be relaxed at the hot mineral spring of Santa Teresa then it must be coordinated with your tour guide to be arranged a vehicle from Lucmabamba to Santa Teresa.
After breakfast, we will hike up on the Inca trail to the archaeological site of Llactapata at 2650m/8694f (Beautiful scenery for discovering flora and evidence of Inca culture). From here we will have an outstanding view over Machu Picchu Mountain and Vilcanota Canyon). Afterwards we will continue down to Hydroelectric train station (1950m/6398f), where we stop for a while to be relaxed before we continue by train to Machupicchu town (2050m/6726f). Overnight in Machu Picchu town.
We will leave our hotel after breakfast at 5:30am and head for Machu Picchu (2400m/7874f) by tourist bus. We will arrive at the citadel around 6:00am. After a guided tour around the archaeological site, including information about life and culture of the Incas, you will have enough time to enjoy Machu Picchu and Wayna Picchu (2750m/9022f) on your own. We will leave Aguas Calientes by train either around 18hrs 20. Until then you will have time to have lunch in one of the nice restaurants. Moreover you can visit the hot springs in Aguas Calientes to relax a bit.
Backpack with rain shelter, sleeping back, clothing for warm and cold climate like a waterproof jacket, rain trousers and lightweight trousers, trekking shoes, slippers or sandals (for showers and hot springs), woolen or synthetic socks, a sweater, long- and short-sleeved polo’s/t-shirts, a rain poncho, a hat, bathing suit (for the hot springs in Aguas Calientes), sunscreen, insect repellent, disinfecting alcohol and gel, water bottle and sterilizing tablets, toiletries and toilet paper, photo camera (wrapped in plastic bag), a flash light and batteries, some snacks like chocolate bars and dry fruit, original passport, original ISIC student card and extra money in soles.
Note: Since the weather can be very cold and misty, your clothes - once gotten wet - won’t dry at night. So take some clothes to change.
1) We require an immediate deposit of US $ 150 for all bookings
2) For all tours and treks the balance can be paid up to 48 hours prior to the start of the program. In case of paying the balance in the office of XTreme Tourbulencia we only accept cash payment. Failure to pay the trek balance will result in tour cancellation.
3) If a participant decides to cancel during the breefing 2 days prior to departure, he or she has to pay the full amount of the trek. XTreme Tourbulencia however, will cover the expenses (hotel and train ticke
t) made by that participant to visit Machu Picchu. This offer of ours must be confirmed at the breefing itself.
4) The Client may cancel the Package booking at any time provided that the cancellation is communicated to firstname.lastname@example.org in writing. Cancellation charges will be applied as shown below calculated from the day written notification is received by email@example.com. All reservations cancelled less than 15 days prior to the departure date of the tour are subject to a cancellation fee:
|Period before departure written notification is received.||Cancellation fee as a percentage of the holiday price|
|6 days or less.||100%|
5) The Salkantay Trek is non-transferable, non-reimbursable and the participant cannot change the date of departure
6) If during the length of the program the traveler abandons the excursion as a decision made by him- or herself, no reimbursement will be made and no claim will be accepted. XTreme Tourbulencia does not cover the expenses made by the traveler for a hotel and the transport back to Cusco or to Aguas Calientes, as well as a hotel in Aguas Calientes. Also, the traveler will be accompanied by a co-worker of XTreme Tourbulencia back to the train station.
7) Certain Services might be interrupted or even cancelled due to weather conditions, natural disasters or other disturbances. These are out of the control of hotels, Service suppliers, XTreme Tourbulencia or its partners and therefore, no refund will be given.
8) For the student discount of $ 20 UDS we require a copy of a university student card with valid expiration date and picture on it. It is very important bring with you your original student card to valid the discount. In the event that we don't receive the scanned copy of the card along with your reservation form, we will process your reservation with adult price.
9) If XTreme Tourbulencia doesn't confirm the reservation, the deposit will be refunded
10) In case of force majeur, when a trek cannot start or completed, XTreme Tourbulencia will find an alternative to go to Machu Picchu. If this alternative is of lower value than the originally booked excursion, XTreme Tourbulencia will refund the difference.
11) It is compulsory that all clients have personal travel insurance. This insurance must cover personal accidents, medical expenses, loss of effects and all other expenses which might arise as a result of loss, damage or injury occurring to the client. XTreme Tourbulencia cannot be considered responsible for any accident or loss of personal belongings the customer caused by his/her acts
If you are interested in this tour or do you have any questions about it. Please Contact us ....
* We will not be able to book and confirm your tour or trek without the following:
1. A deposit of $150 USD . Deposits are made through the PayPal link below.
https://www.westernunion.com/pe/en/send-money.html Once you confirm your booking of trips, send the deposit through Western Union page or if you have any closer agency of this company , send us the money in US$ in name of :
|ID or DNI:||22976985|
|Address:||Calle Plateros N°364|
|Telephone number:||(+51) 984 610 644|
|Office of Western Union to be picked:||Maruri street N° 310|