Day 1: Cusco – Mollepata – Marcoccasa – Soray Pampa
We leave Cusco at 5:30am by private transport to reach Marcoccasa (3400m/11150f), and the village of Mollepata where we’ll have breakfast. There we’ll meet the muleteers, and begin hiking in a beautiful valley surrounded by majestic snow-capped mountains, such as Nevado Humantay (5217m/17116f) and the towering peak of Salkantay.
We’ll cross different valleys, seeing a bit of the life of local farmers, before reaching our first campsite in Soray Pampa (3900m/12795f). Our chef will await you with hot drinks, snacks, and dinner. The night will be cold due to the elevation.
Transport time: 5 hours
Hiking time: 6-7 hours
Climate: Mild during the day and cold at night
Atitude: Cusco (3400m) – Mollepata (2800m) – Marcoccasa (3400m) – Soray Pampa (3900m)
Optional: On the way to Soray Pampa, we strongly recommend making a 2-hour detour to see Humantay Lake and the snow-covered peak of Humantay. You’ll have to ascend from Soray Pampa (3900m/12800F) to Humantay (4220m/12800f).
Day 2: Soray Pampa- Salkantay Pass – Rayampata
After an early breakfAfter an early breakfast, we hike to Col du Salkantay (4600m/15090f), which offers an exceptional view of the snowy peak of Salkantay. This morning is the most challenging of the trek – and well worth it. We’ll take a break at the summit, weather-permitting.
Then we’ll hike downhill through a different ecosystem with lush vegetation. We’ll arrive in Rayampata, our next campsite, for a snack and dinner. This night will be warmer than the previous one.
Hiking time: 8 hours
Climate: Warm with mosquitoes
Atitude: Soray Pampa (3900 m) – Salkantay pass (4600 m) – Chaullay (2950 m)
Day 3: Andenes – Lucmabamba – Hydroelectric Station – Aguas Calientes town
After breakfast, we walk 01 hour get Chaullay to continue to Lucmabamba (2000m/5651f),where we have our lunch before to take our car to Santa Teresa where we have time for the hot spring before to continue down to Hydroelectric train station (1950m/6398f), where you are able to take the train to Aguas Calientes town (2050m/6726f). Overnight in Hotel of Aguas Calientes town.
Climate: Warm during the day with mosquitoes
Transport time: 1 hours
Hiking time: 6 hours
Day 4: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Cusco
We’ll leave our hotel after breakfast at 5:30am, and ascend to Machu Picchu (2400m/7874) by tourist bus. We’ll arrive at the citadel around 6:00am to enjoy the sunrise. After a guided tour, including information about the life and customs of the Incas, you’ll have time to explore Machu Picchu, and climb Wayna Picchu if you have advanced reservations (2750m/9022f).
We’ll leave Aguas Calientes by train in the afternoon. While waiting for the train, you’ll have time for lunch and to soak in the natural springs before your departure.
Visiting time: from 6:00 am to 12:00pm
Transport time: 02 hours by train and 02 hours by bus to get Cusco
Atitude: Aguas Calientes (2005 m) – Machu Picchu (2400 m) – Cusco (3400 m)
- Orientation meeting in our offices with your guide 1 or 2 days before the start of the trek at 19:00h, to be confirmed when booking.
- Shuttle from the hotel office to the village of Mollepata (Marcoccasa)
- Shuttle from Chaullay to Lucmabamba (Day 3)
- Bus from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu
- Train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo, then shuttle to your hotel in Cusco
- Overnight in a private room in a hotel in Aguas Calientes (Marco Wasi, Inka Tower or similar depending on availability)
- Entrance to the Machu Picchu site
- Bilingual Spanish-English professional guide (for a French-speaking guide, please contact us in advance!)
- Private campsites domes on the first night, with toilet and showers
- High-quality camping equipment (Professional Tents Eureka! Timberline 4 or Doite Himalaya, for 2 people with mattresses).
- Camping equipment, dining tent, kitchen, with tent shelters and toilets
- Meals during the trek (breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks). Please notify the agency in case of allergies or special diet such as vegetarian.
- Cook and kitchen equipment.
- Muleteers and mules for transporting camping equipment and your personal belongings (maximum 7 kg/15lb per person)
- Rescue horse (2 people)
- First aid kit and oxygen bottle
- Cold, boiled water during the all trek.
TOUR NO INCLUDE
- Breakfast of the 1st day and lunch of the 4th day in Aguas Calientes
- Sleeping bag (if you don’t have one, you can rent one from our agency)
- Bus down Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes (cost $12.00USD). You can also descend on foot which takes about 1 hour.
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING?
- Backpack with rain cover (30- or 40-liter capacity is sufficient).
- Clothing for both warm and cold climates.
- Trekking shoes/boots.
- Slippers or sandals (for showers and hot springs).
- Woolen/synthetic socks and a sweater.
- Long- and short-sleeved T-shirts.
- Rain poncho/waterproof jacket and a hat.
- Bathing suit (for the hot springs in Aguas Calientes).
- Sunscreen, insect repellent, toilet paper, hand cleaner/disinfecting alcohol gel, personal toiletries.
- Camera (with rain protection), a flash light/headlamp and extra batteries.
- Snacks (e.g. chocolate bars and dried fruit)
- Original passport, original ISIC student card (to receive the student discount) and extra money in soles.
- The climate can be very cold and wet, so your wet clothes won’t have enough time to dry. Take extra clothes.
- On Day 1 and Day 2 (from Marcoccasa to Chaullay), a team of muleteers and mules will carry all camping equipment, food and personal belongings (maximum 7 kg/15lb per person). On Day 3, your luggage will be sent by car to the Hydroelectric Train Station.
- Visit to Wayna Picchu: To climb Wayna Picchu or Montaña, you need to book months in advance. We take care of the reservation and guarantee your entrance for Wayna Picchu. Entrance costs an additional fee of $20.00USD.
- Tips: Porters, cooks and guides always appreciate tips for their services. The porters are also grateful for small donations of clothes and school supplies for their children.
- Student Card: For the $ 20.00 student discount, you must have a current ISIC student card with valid expiration dates and a photo when booking – not just when you arrive in Cusco! Please send a copy of your student card when booking, and bring the actual card with you.
- CANCELLATION: For any last-minute cancellation, the expenses already made by the agency will be at your expense.
|Period before departure written notification is received.||Cancellation fee as a percentage of the holiday price|
|6 days or less.||100%|
* We will not be able to book and confirm your tour or trek without the following:
1.- A deposit of $150 USD . Deposits are made through the PayPal link below.
2.- Send the money through WESTER UNION
(An easy and cheaper way to send the deposit) https://www.westernunion.com/pe/en/send-money.html Once you confirm your booking of trips, send the deposit through Western Union page or if you have any closer agency of this company , send us the money in US$ in name of :
|ID or DNI:||22976985|
|Address:||Calle Plateros N°364|
|Telephone number:||(+51) 984 610 644|
|Office of Western Union to be picked:||Maruri street N° 310|