1st Day: Cusco – Km 104 – Wiñayhuayna – Aguas Calientes
Our journey starts early in the morning. After our arrival at km 104 by train, the Inca Trail begins with a hike to Chachabamba (2270m/7448f), where your guide will talk about the previous function of this archeological site. Afterwards, we will reach Wiñayhuayna (2650m/8694f), the most important archeological site besides Machu Picchu. Next, the trail continues towards the Sun Gate “Inti Punku” and a wonderful view of nightfall at Machu Picchu (2400m/7874f). Since we have to continue hiking until we reach the bus that takes us to our hotel in Aguas Calientes, we’ll only spend a little time in Machu Picchu on the first day.
- Hiking time: 06 hours
- Total distance: 12 km/7.5 m
- Level of difficulty: Moderate
2nd Day: Aguas Calientes – Sanctuary of Machu Picchu – Cusco
We’ll leave our hotel after breakfast at about 5:30 am, and take a bus up to Machu Picchu. We leave so early because the site is less crowded, and early morning is a good time to enjoy the ancient spirit of the best-known archaeological site on the continent. After arriving around 6:00 am, your guide will give detailed information about Machu Picchu, its history and the culture of the Incas. After this orientation, you will have free time to enjoy and explore the site on your own (for example, visit the Inka Bridge, explore buildings or climb Wayna Picchu, only with an advanced reservation, for an amazing panoramic picture). After the bus takes you down to Aguas Calientes, you can soak in the town’s soothing natural springs (cost 10 soles). We will leave Aguas Calientes in the afternoon by train.
- Climate: warm with mosquitoes
- Hiking time: 02 hours
- Total distance: 4 km/2.5m
- Level of difficulty: moderate
- Transfer between hotel and train station in Cusco
- Tourist train to km 104
- Tourist train from Aguas Calientes to Cusco/Poroy, or to Ollantaytambo and bus to Cusco
- Roundtrip tourist bus Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes
- Entrance fees to the Inca Trail and the Sanctuary of Machu Picchu
- Professional bilingual guide (Spanish and English)
- Meals during the excursion (1 breakfast, 1 box lunch, 1 dinner, with vegetarian options available).
- Hotel with private room in Aguas Calientes.
- First-aid kit and oxygen bottle.
- Last lunch in Aguas Calientes.
- One-way bus from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes on the second day for $12.00USD (or you have the option to walk down which takes about 1 hour).
What do I need to bring?
- Backpack with rain cover (30- or 40-liter capacity is sufficient).
- Clothing for both warm and cold climates.
- Trekking shoes.
- Slippers or sandals (for showers and hot springs).
- Woolen/synthetic socks and a sweater.
- Long- and short-sleeved t-shirts.
- Rain poncho/waterproof jacket and a hat.
- Bathing suit (for the hot springs in Aguas Calientes).
- Sunscreen, insect repellent, toilet paper, hand cleaner/disinfecting alcohol gel.
- Camera (with rain protection), a flash light/headlamp and extra batteries.
- Snacks (e.g. chocolate bars and dried fruit)
- Original passport, original ISIC student card (to receive the student discount) and extra money in soles.
- Visit to Wayna Picchu:The hike to Wayna Picchu mountain requires booking months in advance with an additional charge of $70.00USD. We’ll guarantee your entrance to Wayna Picchu.
- Lodgings:We work with Machu Picchu Hotel, Continental Hotel or other hotels of similar standards.
Short Inca Trail Conditions & Terms:
- We require an immediate deposit of $150.00USD for all bookings.
- For all tours and treks, the balance must be paid in full up to 48 hours prior to the start of the program. If you want to pay the balance in the office of XTreme Tourbulencia, we only accept cash payment. Failure to pay the trek balance will result in tour cancellation.
- If a participant decides to cancel during the briefing 2 days prior to departure, he or she has to pay the full amount of the trek. XTreme Tourbulencia, however, will cover the expenses (hotel and train ticket) made by that participant to visit Machu Picchu. This offer must be confirmed at the briefing itself.
- The Client may cancel the booking at any time provided that the cancellation is communicated to email@example.com writing. Cancellation charges will be applied as shown below calculated from the day written notification is received by firstname.lastname@example.org. All reservations cancelled less than 15 days prior to the departure date of the tour are subject to a cancellation fee
- The Inca Trail is non-transferable, non-reimbursable and the participant cannot change the date of departure.
- If the traveler makes the decision to abandon the excursion during the program, no reimbursement will be made and no claim will be accepted. XTreme Tourbulencia does not cover the expenses made by the traveler for the hotel and the transport back to Cusco or to Aguas Calientes, as well as a hotel in Aguas Calientes. Also, the traveler will be accompanied by a representative of XTreme Tourbulencia back to the train station.
- Certain services might be interrupted or even cancelled due to weather conditions, natural disasters or other disturbances. These are out of the control of hotels, service suppliers, XTreme Tourbulencia or its partners and therefore, no refund will be given.
- To receive the student discount of $20.00USD, we require a copy of a university student card with valid expiration date and picture.It is very important to bring your original student card to validate the discount. In the event that we don’t receive the scanned copy of the student card along with your reservation form, we will process your reservation at the full, adult price.
- If XTreme Tourbulencia doesn’t confirm the reservation, the deposit will be refunded.
- In the case of force majeur, when a trek cannot start or be completed, XTreme Tourbulencia will find an alternative route to go to Machu Picchu. If this alternative is of lower value than the originally booked excursion, XTreme Tourbulencia will refund the difference.
- It is compulsory that all clients have personal travel insurance. This insurance must cover personal accidents, medical expenses, loss of effects and all other expenses which might arise as a result of loss, damage or injury occurring to the client. XTreme Tourbulencia cannot be considered responsible for any accident or loss of personal belongings the customer caused by his/her own actions.
|Period before departure written notification is received.||Cancellation fee as a percentage of the holiday price|
|6 days or less.||100%|
1. A deposit of $150 USD . Deposits are made through the PayPal link below.
2.- Send the money through WESTER UNION
(An easy and cheaper way to send the deposit)https://www.westernunion.com/pe/en/send-money.html Once you confirm your booking of trips, send the deposit through Western Union page or if you have any closer agency of this company , send us the money in US$ in name of :
|ID or DNI:||22976985|
|Address:||Calle Plateros N°364|
|Telephone number:||(+51) 984 610 644|
|Office of Western Union to be picked:||Maruri street N° 310|