1 Day: Cusco – Cachora – Chiquisca
We will leave Cusco (3350m/10991f) approximately at 5:30 am. First, we will head for the village Cachora (2850m/9350f) to meet our horsemen and the mules that will carry all the camping equipment during the expedition. Thereafter, we will continue our journey towards the pass of Capuliyoq (2800m/9186f).
The trek offers a beautiful view of the mythical mountain Padreyoc, of the deep canyon and of the river Apurímac, meaning “speaking river”. Thereupon, we will descend towards the canyon’s interior named Chiquisca (1930m/6332f), where we will spend the night.
Climate : Warm
Hiking time: 7 hours
2 Day: Chiquisca – Playa Rosalina – Marampata – Choquequirao
After breakfast, we will descend to La Playa Rosalina (1550m/5085f). From there, we will continue heading for Marampata (2850m/9350f), where we will have a beautiful view of the archeological complex of Choquequirao (3033m/9951f). Our camping site is located 25 minutes from the settlement.
Climate : both cold and warm
Hiking time: 7 hours
3 Day: Choquequirao – San Ignacio – Carmen
At sunrise, we will first visit the archeological site of Choquequirao. By now, only 30% of this “golden cradle” has been exposed. Thereafter, we will descend to the Apurímac canyon’s deepest part called San Ignacio at 1500m/4921f and have lunch. After that, we will ascend to our camping site in the beautiful gardens of Carmen (2000m/6562f).
Climate : moderate climate with mosquitoes
Hiking time: 6 hours
Note: Due to the ecosystem’s constant changes, this day is considered to be the most beautiful one. Nevertheless, the route from Choquequirao to San Ignacio is at some parts very slippery. Therefore, we ask you to watch your steps carefully. Moreover, we recommend carrying sufficient water with you.
4 Day: Carmen – Tambo bamba – Huanipaca
The gardens of Carmen are situated close to the manor of Tambo bamba (2500m/8202f), a region having been governed by landowners during the 19th and 20th century and considered to be one of the most fertile valleys to cultivate maize and a variety of potatoes. We will pass little villages such as Pacobamba and Huanipaca (3150m/10335f) and will return to Cusco by bus.
Climate : moderate, warm
Hiking time: 5 hours
Transport time: 5 hours
- Private transport from the hotel to Cachora
- Transport back from Huanipaca to Cusco
- Entrance to the settlement of Choquequirao
- Professional bilingual guide (Spanish and English)
- High quality camping equipment (We use professional tents, Doite, Model Kailas 3, extra light/4.5kgs and Doite, Model Himalaya, extra light/4.5kgs, both are for 2 persons. Mattresses, eating tent with table and chairs, bathroom tent).
- Meals during the excursion (Breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks/Option vegetarian)
- Cook and cooking equipment
- Horseman, porters and mules, for all camping equipment and personal luggage
- Emergency horse
- First-aid kit and oxygen bottle
TOUR NO INCLUDE
- Sleeping bag (If you don’t have a sleeping bag, there is the possibility of lending one)
Note: If you are interested in the group Service for 04 days and 03 nights feel free to contact us and to ask for more information.
Recommendation: On our clients’ recommendation, we suggest spending an additional day in the settlement of Choquequirao to enjoy this beautiful archeological site in more detail. On our way back to Cusco, there is also the possibility of visiting the thermal baths in Cconoc. Ask our personnel for more information.
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING?
Backpack with rain shelter, sleeping back, clothing for warm and cold climate like a waterproof jacket, rain pants and lightweight pants, trekking shoes, slippers or sandals (for showers and hot springs), woolen or synthetic socks, a sweater, long- and short-sleeved polo’s/t-shirts, a rain poncho, a hat, bathing suit (for the hot springs in Aguas Calientes), sunscreen, a good insect repellent, disinfecting alcohol and gel, water bottle and sterilizing tablets, toiletries and toilet paper, camera (wrapped in plastic bag), a flash light and batteries, some snacks like chocolate bars and dry fruit, original passport, original ISIC student card and extra money in soles.
Note: Since the weather can be very hot and moistly, your clothes – once gotten wet – won’t dry at night during the rainy season (December until March). So take some clothes to change.
Advice: The trek to Choquequirao must not be underestimated. Especially the second day involves great physical exertion to complete. Combined with high altitude and extreme weather (it can get very hot) the trek can be hard work. Therefore, we strongly recommend that you are well acclimatized, in good shape, and healthy.
WHAT TO BRING?
- Sleeping back
- Clothes for warm and cold weather with a raining jacket
- Trousers and hiking shoes
- Rain poncho
- Sun milk, insect repellant and disinfectant gel
- Bottle of water and medication
- Camera (wrapped in plastic)
- Flashlight and batteries
- Snacks as dry fruit or chocolate bars
- Original passport and extra money in soles
During the high season (May to August), it is difficult to ensure the exact date of departure desired – there may be only availability the day before or after. We will of course do our best to ensure the best service, but we must adhere to the daily people limits policy established on this tour.
IMPORTANT TERMS & CONDITIONS
- We require an immediate deposit of $150.00USD for all bookings.
- For all tours and treks, the balance must be paid in full up to 48 hours prior to the start of the program. If you want to pay the balance in the office of XTreme Tourbulencia, we only accept cash payment. Failure to pay the trek balance will result in tour cancellation.
- If you decide to cancel during the briefing 2 days prior to departure, you must pay the full amount of the trek. XTreme Tourbulencia, however, will cover the expenses for the hotel and train ticket to visit Machu Picchu. This offer must be confirmed in writing at the briefing.
- You may cancel the booking at any time provided that the cancellation is communicated to email@example.com in writing. Cancellation charges will be applied as shown below calculated from the day written notification is received by firstname.lastname@example.org. All reservations cancelled less than 15 days prior to the departure date of the tour are subject to a cancellation fee
- The Lares Trek is non-transferable, non-reimbursable and the participant cannot change the date of departure.
- If the traveler makes the decision to abandon the excursion during the program, no reimbursement will be made and no claim will be accepted. XTreme Tourbulencia does not cover the expenses made by the traveler for the hotel and the transport back to Cusco or to Aguas Calientes, as well as a hotel in Aguas Calientes. Also, the traveler will be accompanied by a representative of XTreme Tourbulencia back to the train station.
- Certain services might be interrupted or even cancelled due to weather conditions, natural disasters or other disturbances. These are out of the control of hotels, service suppliers, XTreme Tourbulencia or its partners and therefore, no refund will be given.
- To receive the student discount of $20.00USD, we require a copy of a university student card with valid expiration date and picture. It is very important to bring your original student card to validate the discount. In the event that we don’t receive the scanned copy of the student card along with your reservation form, we will process your reservation at the full, adult price.
- If XTreme Tourbulencia doesn’t confirm the reservation, the deposit will be refunded.
- In the case of force majeur, when a trek cannot start or be completed, XTreme Tourbulencia will find an alternative route to go to Machu Picchu. If this alternative is of lower value than the originally booked excursion, XTreme Tourbulencia will refund the difference.
- It is compulsory that all clients have personal travel insurance. This insurance must cover personal accidents, medical expenses, loss of effects and all other expenses which might arise as a result of loss, damage or injury occurring to the client. XTreme Tourbulencia cannot be considered responsible for any accident or loss of personal belongings the customer caused by his/her own actions.
|Period before departure written notification is received.||Cancellation fee as a percentage of the holiday price|
|6 days or less.||100%|
* We will not be able to book and confirm your tour or trek without the following:
1.- A deposit of $150 USD . Deposits are made through the PayPal link below.
2.- Send the money through WESTER UNION
(An easy and cheaper way to send the deposit) https://www.westernunion.com/pe/en/send-money.html Once you confirm your booking of trips, send the deposit through Western Union page or if you have any closer agency of this company , send us the money in US$ in name of :
|ID or DNI:||22976985|
|Address:||Calle Plateros N°364|
|Telephone number:||(+51) 984 610 644|
|Office of Western Union to be picked:||Maruri street N° 310|