Vilcabamba was dominated by Manco Inca and his successors after the Spanish invasion. There were several administrative centers built in honor of the emperors of the last Incas dynasty, from Manco Inca to Tupac Amaru. They created a neo-imperial state in order to preserve religious and astronomical knowledge while respecting the knowledge and traditions of other pre-Incan cultures.
The territory of Vilcabamba is located northwest of the city of Cusco, in the province of Convención, in the eastern cordillera of the Andes. It has a chain of snow-capped peaks and mountains with high tropical forests where ecosystems constantly vary, passing through the high Andean plains drowned in an infinite forest of clouds.
Our day will start early in the morning. We will go by bus to the northwest of Cusco and we will pass villages like Chinchero (3760m) and Ollantaytambo (2800m), located in a very fertile area where corn is grown. Then, the trail will take us to the highest point of the region: the Malaga Pass (4400m). During our descent through the Amaybamba Valley, we will enjoy the superb view of snow-capped mountains and cloud forests. We will then pass the Col de Chaullay (1200m) and we will head to Huancacalle (3000m), where we will spend the night in a local hotel.
During this day, we will visit the archaeological sites of Vitcos Rosasapata (3080m) and Ñustahispana (3050m). Our tour will take us through beautiful vegetation to the mountain passes Pumachaca (3900m) and Azutina (4000m). We will spend the night in our camp, mounted in the community of Raccachaca (3700m).
During the day, some locals will tell us the traditions and customs of their region. Then we will pass Yanacocha passes (4420m), Tullu Tacana (4500m) and Mojon (4500m). From here we will have a great view of the Salkantay mountain. After lunch, we will go down to Laccococha (3600m), our place of encampment.
Our day will begin with a breakfast with a magnificent view of the mountains. While crossing Mutuypata forest (3250m), we will admire the vegetation of the region. We will also see coffee plantations and tropical fruits. In the small village of Yanatile (2200m), we will take a bus to Hydroelectrica, then we will take a train to Aguas Calientes, where we will spend the night in a hotel.
We will leave the hotel after breakfast at 5:30 and we will ride to Machu Picchu (2400m) by tourist bus. We will arrive at the citadel around 06:00. After a guided tour of the archaeological site (including information about life and culture of the Incas), you will have time to explore Machu Picchu at your own pace, as well as the Huayna Picchu if you wish. We will leave Aguas Calientes by train at 14h55 or 18h20, until Ollantaytambo, then a bus will take you to your hotel in Cusco. While waiting for the train,
(1) From the 2nd to the 4th day (from Huancacalle to Yanatile), we will be accompanied by a team of muleteers and mules, who will carry all the camping equipment, food and personal belongings (maximum 7kg per person). On the 4th day, luggage will be sent by car to the Hydro Station.
(2) Visit to Huayna Picchu: The ascent of Huayna Picchu requires to book a good time in advance. We take care of the reservation and guarantee your entrance to Huayna Picchu. The entrance fee to the mountain is US $ 15 (This new law came into force on July 18, 2011).
(3) Tips: For muleteers, cooks and guides are always welcome. The muleteers are also very grateful for a small donation, such as clothes or school equipment for their children.
(4) Student Card : To be eligible for the $ 20.00 student discount, you must have a valid ISIC student card when booking - not just when you arrive in Cusco! When booking, we will need a copy of your card.
(5) CANCELLATION: For any last minute cancellation, the expenses already made by the agency will be at your expense.
* We will not be able to book and confirm your tour or trek without the following:
1. A deposit of $150 USD . Deposits are made through the PayPal link below.
https://www.westernunion.com/pe/en/send-money.html Once you confirm your booking of trips, send the deposit through Western Union page or if you have any closer agency of this company , send us the money in US$ in name of :
|ID or DNI:||22976985|
|Address:||Calle Plateros N°364|
|Telephone number:||(+51) 984 610 644|
|Office of Western Union to be picked:||Maruri street N° 310|