Machu Picchu Full Day Itinerary:
We will pick up from your hotel in Cusco at the appointed time to transport you to the train station in Cusco. Arriving at the station, we will take the train that will take us to the town of Aguas Calientes. During the journey, we can see the stunning scenery with picturesque villages. Slowly we will travel through the interesting landscape as we admire the rich vegetation of the area. Arriving at Aguas Calientes, we will go to the bus station. There we will take the shuttle that will transport us to the citadel of Machu Picchu, the Lost City of the Incas, undoubtedly one of the most amazing urban creations of the Incan heyday.
Once in Machu Picchu Inka Citadel, we will have a guided tour of approximately 2 hours with in a small group after we have free time to explore. Afterwards, we will catch the bus in the direction of the town of Aguas Calientes (2040 m.a.s.l). In this town, you will be able to have some time to grab lunch and later in the afternoon, we will take the train to return, Peru Rail – Expedition.
Upon arrival to Cusco, you will be transferred to your hotel. End of our adventure!
For this tour we have two different options, the difference between both options is the type of train you choose to get to Aguas Calientes.
The expedition train offers all the comfort you need with four passengers seats located in front of each other, racks placed above the seats, panoramic windows, air conditioning and heating, and Andean music that creates a cheerful atmosphere.
The Vistadome is the ideal train for those who want to be in contact with the environment and appreciate the wonderful journey to Machu Picchu. Surrounded by glass and wagons with large panoramic windows offering incomparable scenic views and innumerous opportunities to capture amazing pictures. The Vistadome also has air conditioning and heating, leather seats that adjust the body to provide comfort and relaxation during the entire trip. The Vistadome has a different service, which allows the visitor to be immersed and feel the Andean culture through its landscapes, music, dance and even food carefully prepared with local ingredients.
- Transfer from your hotel in Cusco
- Machu Picchu entrence ticket.
- Round-trip transportation from your hotel and back.
- Round-trip train ticket to Aguas Calientes (Expedition Class).
- Round-trip bus ticket to Machu Picchu up and down
- English speaking guide.
- Entrance to the thermal baths in Aguas Calientes
- Meals during the excursión
What do I need to bring?
- Small backpack.
- Clothing for warm and cold climate like trekking trousers and trekking shoes.
- Rain poncho.
- Hat, sunscreen, insect repellent and desinfecting alcohol and gel.
- Photo camera (wrapped in plastic bag).
- Flash light and batteries.
- Some snacks like chocolate.
- Original passport.
- Original ISIC student card.
- Extra money in soles.
* We will not be able to book and confirm your tour or trek without the following:
1. A deposit of $150 USD . Deposits are made through the PayPal link below.